Missing curly bracket although I have one?

I don’t, but I think I may have found the issue. I was missing an & on a zoom.

@cynthia.episode I think I found the issue, I was missing an & on a zoom in that scene. I didn’t think that would cause the curly brackets to go haywire though.

you forgot the @ in here for zoom.

There’s a lot of errors in this particular point, you can’t type the animation with what way the character is facing (from what i know) the only time you should mention where the character is facing is when you spot direct them, so like @KOSMO spot % x y AND KOSMO faces right. I hope i made sense.

I don’t think you can command two characters in one go, try it like this:
&KOSMO spot 0.700 274 310 in zone 1 AND KOSMO faces right
&STORM spot 0.696 256 311 in zone 1 AND STORM faces right
&STORM is flirt_wink
You can’t add the animation with an AND command.

1 Like

No that does make sense, however I haven’t had the issue of those not working together. It’s usually how I spot direct them to different areas throughout the episode. But I will definitely see if that will help the script run smoother! Thanks for the help! I didn’t think one thing like an @ or & would cause the curly brackets to mess up. It usually points it out that it isn’t a valid command.

Thank you guys so much for the help It is appreciated!

1 Like

You can actually code the characters animations and where they face in a line of code without the coordinates.
You also can command two characters in one go, and add an animation with an AND command.
There’s no difference in either way.

2 Likes

Oh! If it worked for you then maybe i’m just not familiar with that technique!

It makes it way easier and more realistic lol. That’s why I do it that way. It works either way, but I prefer it that way to save lines lol. But I really do appreciate the help, I was so annoyed lol.

1 Like

My bad then ajhdjsh :sob:
I thought animations only worked in those 3 techniques:
@CHAR is animation
@CHAR starts animation
@CHAR walks to [spot] and CHARACTER does it while animation

It’s a longer process but it works that way as well.

I chose to do it like this so other characters can speak and move when it’s happening.

So a code like this might come in handy for you and save you some lines.

&CHARACTER1 walks to spot XYZ in 3
CHARACTER2 (talk_neutral)
Hi.

This way they’re doing it at the same time.

And it’s alright, I didn’t take offense and neither should you! It’s honestly a learning process for everyone. But hopefully this has helped you as much as you’ve helped me lol

1 Like

Not sure why you think this, but the coding she has is correct. You can change the way a character faces at any time, not just when spot directing them.

You can combine as many commands as you want on a single line. You don’t have to separate the lines, so what she originally had is also correct

3 Likes

It turned out i was unfamiliar with that coding technique. :sob:
The more you know am i right sjahdja :pensive: :raised_hand:

1 Like

It’s alright. You were coming from a good place. Everyone has their techniques and i appreciate the help either way! Thank you for taking the time to help me with the curly bracket issue though! I really do appreciate it :blush:

1 Like

Also @Dara.Amarie, i believe ive used her templates also she has good ones and help on coding. If you were interested also!

2 Likes

Yesh i always use her templates!! :heartpulse: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes