Missing story information

3 of my friends beta read my story for the first chapters and now that my first chapters of the story is published it’s giving them the “missing story information error” they submitted a ticket to episode but all of the things episode told them to do, didn’t work. I wondered if anyone else has had this issue and how it was fixed?

Other people are able to read it, but they aren’t able to.

They’ve:

• restarted their devices
  • cleared their catches
  • closed the app and reopened it
  • deleted and redownloaded it
  • logged out and back into their accounts
  • I hit the update button AGAIN and nothing has worked.

I attached an image of what the error is that’s displaying.

2 Likes

If you don’t refresh the app and go into the story right after the glitch happens the first time, it usually works for me.

That’s what they tried doing but it still didn’t work! I submitted another response to the ticket and I’m planning to update my story tomorrow and do an early release! So we will see! Thank you for your advice!!:heart:

1 Like

Np and I hope it works out:)

1 Like

It’s a bug, put ”sound off" before playing the sound.

Also, it’s rude to hijack other people’s threads. Make your own next time.

Unfortunately this is a beta reading problem. If they don’t reset progress or go back to chapter 1 before you publish, they won’t be able to read until you publish chapters they haven’t read. This has been an issue for several years, and the support team will eventually tell you “this is a known issue”.
So, Unfortunately they won’t be able to read until you release chapter 4. In the future, make sure your beta readers reset before you publish.

2 Likes

Ahh! I had no idea this was even a thing! Thank you so much for letting me know. I’m planning to update another chapter tomorrow! I appreciate your help! :heart: