Mix Marriage argument with my mum

Recently, I had an argument with my mum because she thinks that mixed marriages don’t last very long and I found it so stupid that she generalised all marriages that are mixed just because my uncle dated & cohabited with a white woman for 8 years and had two girls with her and divorce in 2008. She was all like mixed marriage are wrong and stuff yet she’s okay with my preference in men. To be honest, same race marriages do have divorced parents. Her argument is invalid and it ticked me off when she said that it’s wrong for people to race mix. Mixed marriages run in the family so she’s wrong! There are people in mixed marriages that have been together for a long time without a divorce. It really irked the f**k out of me that my mum thinks that mixed marriages doesn’t last long when there are couples who are the same race do get divorced so quickly.

I apologise for the rage right now, but I wanted to know how do you feel about this. I just find it so stupid that my mum is fine with the fact that I prefer my white men but is offended because I don’t think that same race marriages last longer. It just angers me that she had to generalise other races. The problem of having Asian parents…

4 Likes

I actually did throw evidence at her when I brought up that my aunt from her side of the family married a white guy, they’ve been together for a long time and have 3 beautiful daughters together.
I even have relatives from Portsmouth (in The UK) who have white husbands, been together for a long time and have such beautiful kids.
Some of the relatives on my mum’s side are really effed up. Like my uncle who used to date a white woman is now married with his cousin and have two girls together and boy, he’s whipped af! I can’t help him now because he made his own bed marrying that cow.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it. I already shut my mum up that day she said that…Like any marriage can end very quickly, it has nothing to do with race.

litarraly evry one in my family has been eather divorce or had a child with a person they are not married too and my family is not only white. we are all danish

but honeslty i am pretty sure it is the same no matter your racial background

1 Like

Exactly. I hate how she acted so superior saying that “Bengali families are better than white families”. There’s loads of families from different racial backgrounds that are broken. Can’t generalise one race.

1 Like

You know what people find weird about me? I honestly can’t understand why people think from this point of view. Many people understand, but don’t agree, and don’t understand how they can believe in that. But I don’t understand why. I just can’t fathom or think of a reason at all.

So I can’t say, ‘I get where she’s coming from’, because I honestly don’t. It’s not that I refuse to open up my mind- I’m trying, but my brain can’t process how people think that way.

Anyone else have brains like mine?

Anyways, I disagree with your mother as well. Of course, they’ll always be exceptions, but in the majority of relationships, I don’t think racial differences have much effect on a marriage :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Exactly. Race has nothing to do with relationship between person 1 and 2.

Marriage is a scam regardless of race :laughing:

Don’t mind me … I’m being pessimistic today.

1 Like

My parents have been together for almost a quarter century and will be married for 23 years this October. People in interracial relationships are capable of having long-term relationships and marriage just like anyone else.

1 Like

This has happened to my families many of times my whole family is different some are black some white some Hispanic and more…

My grandma is whit and she thinks that my parents marriage won’t last long since they are both different colors like WTF :scream:

1 Like

laugh in her face when you get married to a white man or whatever u like lol

1 Like

I actually live near Portsmouth and I have to say it is very multi cultural there! Whenever I go, there are usually many couples of mixed races and most look happy. I think it must be a generation thing rather than because of having an Asian parent as some of my relatives are not keen on the idea of mixed race relationships.

1 Like

I know right. I find it strange that my mum had to bring race into marriage when divorce can quickly happen in any marriage. Trust me, you don’t wanna know how stupid my relatives are as they’re not really happy in their marriage (not talking about the interracial marriage).

1 Like

Glad to see there’s people that agree with me on this. I swear my relatives and ex friends are offended because I’m Asian and my preference will always be white men.

1 Like

I’ll laugh in every distant relative and ex friend’s face since they’re offended that my preference is always going to be white men.

My grandma is like that too though she’s Asian. I hate how she bitches about my aunt married a white guy when she has no room to talk because she forced her son to marry his cousin and boy he messed up big time because his cousin/wife is pure evil.

1 Like

I find it very stupid how my mum talks highly of her race but there’s flaws in all races. Truth is…no one’s perfect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.