More diversity in stories

Ok,so I hope no one get offended or anything I’m not racist.(don’t get get but hurt.)

(Sorry for my grammer)
Ok,so I’m so tired of seeing one color on the episode(not trying to be racist),but I would to see more of skin color on the app.

-There’s not much of African American stories.I feel like people don’t read those type of stories.

~I might be wrong but the only time I see an African American story is a contest thing.

~I might be wrong,but what do y’all think?

7 Likes

I don’t think you would be a racist for saying this! You make a really great point. It reminds me an article I read once (I thought it was a Forum Post, but I couldn’t find it) titled “When POC is Marketable Not Profitable.” It’s a sad truth, and I agree with you - I would like to see more stories with more diversity. <3

2 Likes

Do you just mean African American or do you mean black people in general?

2 Likes

some ppl do read these stories n some don’t.

1 Like

its the same. right? :thinking:

No…that’s why I asked

1 Like

I means it’s the same…,but yeah

1 Like

oh ok. ahh now I get it.

1 Like

Well to answer your question, I really do agree with everything you’ve said. What bother’s me the most is the fact that there are barely any love interests in stories that are predominantly of African descent, if they are every any they’re customizable…And usually never any predominantly black casts ever (probably because stories are usually set in places like the US or Europe) so I kind of understand that. But if I had to name a story that has over a million views that have any of those things I honestly couldnt :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Technically that term only applies to Americans

3 Likes

Yep,it’s sad tbh.I don’t mind playing as a white character,but it sometimes it hurt me.

2 Likes

A lot of times stories with black MCs get fanmail asking for them to change the skin tone…it really sucks

1 Like

Yep…it double standards tbh…If you notice people do get back lash from this…if you can’t customize your character people do write hatemail but that’s only for small authors.If you can’t change your skin in a popular story with a white character it’s okay,but if a black person does this it’s wrong.

1 Like

I am trying to add more diversity in my new story, I am trying to incorporate more LGBTQ+ and more POC. Please tell me if this offends you, I already set out my plan for the story, and one of then antagonist happens to be a POC and I don’t want people thinking I’m being racist, do you think it seems offensive in anyway?

1 Like

No it not offensive because if white people can have a white main character and nobody have problem with it then you can have a POC…

ooo i would love to join in this conversation.
i agree with what you are saying 100%.
i was just speaking on this. and THEN when people do include POC it’s always the stereotype version of us​:roll_eyes:. i noticed at the start of this month (black history month) that the episode creators and people are showcasing black authors and black stories. but how long will that last for? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::thinking:

1 Like

Right…that’s only time I see POC stories when it’s only back history mouth…like I’m not even playing

1 Like

exactly. i’m still waiting for the day when episode releases a black author as an official or an official story that’s about POC.

2 Likes

You’re not racist by saying this because you are right. Diversity is needed and there should be more of it in stories.

2 Likes

It’s sad, but I honestly have to agree with this. I don’t think you’re wrong to say this or feel this way at all. The truth is that the majority of the stories that everyone sees or chooses to read that are trending or featured more frequently on a shelf tend to have more non-POC than POC.

A part of that truth I believe is because the majority of app players are indeed non-POC, so in a way it does make sense for it to be this way. If you’d like to seek out more stories that are diverse and feature POC, I personally recommend going on IG and searching for pages that assist in promoting stories that feature more diversity in their cast such as @epi.diversity and @newlydiscovered.

There are also various pages out there that do their best to feature smaller author with a wide range of diversity as well. It’s a a bit of a scavenger hunt to find them but there are a lot of gems on Episode featuring POC. Let me know and I can put together a list of stories for you if you’d like as I’d be more than happy to! :hugs::slight_smile:

2 Likes