More Storyline Diversity

I know the feeling. I just hate those stories where it’s a one in a million shot and it just so happens to happen to the MC. It’s realistic if like the MC was a normal person and the LI was a local singer, because they probably aren’t famous or anything. But CEO 23 years old, MC looking for secretarial job 20 years old, the CEO graduated college a year ago and the MC is still in college… seriously? It’s not just me… right?

2 Likes

YES. Anyone else thinking that the LI’s parents should not be dead?

Then the MC has no scary, mafia in-laws to face.

2 Likes

Honestly, I just stopped looking for queer stories because all the one I find are basic storylines, I already read, or just the queer versions of stories I already read.

1 Like

It’s not that they shouldn’t be dead… it’s just lazy writing because it means less characters to create, give a personality to, code, and creates oddly convenient opportunities for MC and LI to be alone (because they have their own apartment, more freedom, like you said no scary mafia in-laws to think about, etc.)

2 Likes

Sometimes the parents do appear is memories or flashbacks, but they are usually flat characters. The LIs should be older and maybe without being a mafia leader…? Just a gang member… maybe?

2 Likes

This can be said about almost every genre, tbh. Even the more “unique” genres like thriller and fantasy feature a lot of the same crap or manage to sneak in a bad boy somewhere.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think that Episode should actually read the stories. Not the quick read through they do when they review it. They really need to make sure it’s in the right category and make sure it’s not like every single other story.

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot about that one lol

2 Likes

Some authors actually do…put their stories in the wrong genre…on purpose? :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:
I don’t scroll through the different categories much bc…ahem…my favorites is on the brink of explosion so I guess I never really paid attention or noticed :thinking:
But it’s bothersome to hear complaints about lack of diversity in the thriller genre, bc I have a thriller story. And. It’s…literally a thriller. With a unique storyline. And I’ve never made it past 70 in trending. 🥲

At the end of the day, people are going to write the stories they want, with the characters they want as long as there’s a market for those types of stories. And right now, there’s a heavy market for romance, mafia, bad boy pregnancy stories. :woman_shrugging:t3:

It just takes a little bit of digging to find something deeper than that, unfortunately.

3 Likes

ikrrr :rofl::raised_back_of_hand:t3:

5 Likes

Yeah, imagine if there was was a mafia story that was Hamlet-esque…sheesh, the tension. That might pique my interest if it’s well-written and well-directed :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes