Most common Stereotypes portrayed in stories 🤷

I mean Stereotypes are always in stories even in the most popular ones feel free to share some🤦.

4 Likes

bad boy and nerdy girl
nerdy girl gets a makeover
mafia leader ‘saving’ a girl he kidnapped
pregnant by anyone whilst being a teenager

12 Likes

🤷🤦 yep

bad boy: good looking, emotionally damaged, has anger issues
good girl: pretty bland and uninteresting, believes she can “change” the bad boy

and then they FaLl In LoVe

2 Likes

1.The mean girl being blonde. I’m not even blonde but I see this in so many stories and I find it pretty wrong.
2. The fact that it’s always okay for the mc to slut-shame the mean girl by calling her a whore etc. I mean no one wants to be called that.

4 Likes

i see this alot and noticed that this ‘mean girl’ also is just mean to the MC for some arbitrary reason

they tend to not have any depth to their character :thinking:

7 Likes

I KNOW
the mean girl is just like
“yOu’Ll NeVeR bE oNe Of Us, LoSer”

3 Likes

the main character being a girl who has “depression” but then she meets the male love interest who magically cures her depression … which she wasn’t showing typical symptoms of in the first place … like yes , a hot guy told her not to be sad anymore and everything was magically cured

6 Likes

bruh could you imagine if it were that easy

2 Likes

RIGHT like wtf where is my hot depression cure i am WAITING

1 Like

WHEN STORIES HAVE THAT IT’S SOOO ANNOYING
and same goes for when the bad boys have AnGeR iSsUeS and then the li appears and then he’s just like “nah i’m good”

3 Likes

So true! I mean we are all background characters in someone else’s life so characters shouldn’t be one dimesional.

3 Likes

that just blew my mind :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Stories be like:
Before meeting li:" I am worthless, I am ugly."
After meeting he tells her she is hot(not even beautiful) “I am amazing and hot”

4 Likes

LITERALLY her self worth is dependent on the judgement of the love interest

4 Likes

and then when he does something bad/toxic she’s just like “nOoOoO wHy Am I nOt GoOd EnOuGh?!?!”

3 Likes

And then goes into a mini depression where she meets an actual nice guy but nooooo she just has to go with the toxic one

3 Likes

IT DRIVES ME CRAZY WHEN THERES A STORY WITH 2 LIS AND THEN SHE CHOOSES THE “bad boy hot guy” OVER THE “genuinely nice sweet guy”

4 Likes

meanwhile , none of the symptoms of this ‘depressive episode’ (if it can even be called that) are portrayed accurately at all , thus contributing to the negative and misleading stigma surrounding depression :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

also the romances are so rushed, like they look at the li and they’re like :pregnant_woman:

1 Like