Most overused Cliché?

What’s the most overused Cliché that you’ve read?
In my opinion it would be moving in with a bad boy and falling for the tutor, stories like that are so overused :expressionless:

7 Likes

Stories with bad boys. I haven’t read stories where they fall in love with the teacher or tutor (well haven’t finished any) but I’ve seen the bad boys cliches so much, it’s like everywhere and it kinda scares me.

5 Likes

Pregnancy.

The girl end ups finding out unexpectedly that she’s pregnant. It’s like amberose said, sometimes you just wanna enjoy a story and then all of a sudden, the girl will say “I’m pregnant” out of nowhere.

I wonder how this pregnancy trend started :dizzy_face:

6 Likes

I’d have to agree with Jem & Sakura.

Bad boys & pregnancy are by far the most used cliches and I’m tired of it. I have to scroll through so many stories on the trending page bc that’s literally mostly of what they consist of. :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

bad boys. So sick of them.
Also this cliché isn’t really bad but I see it happen A LOT. like too many times to count lmao. It’s when the girls parents die at a young age by assassins/bad guys and she sees it happen and she survives and then grows older wanting revenge or becoming an assassin or something like that lol.

7 Likes

Lol, I agree, there’s so many stories like pregnant with the bad boy or pregnant with the nerd, why does the main character in the story always end up being pregnant Most of them being their first time.

4 Likes

Bad boys, pregnancy’s, and falling in love with gang leaders. Just stop.

7 Likes

Bad boy. No doubt.

2 Likes

Having a billionaire falling in love with the MC stripper… Uhmm what?? :mask:

1 Like

LMAO so true

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s so weird that the MCs are always some mary-sues, they’re so flawless that it’s surreal :rofl:

1 Like

Guilty of writing 2 of those in one story… HOWEVER… The story is about the gang leader realising he may not be the bad one in the story and SHE is… xD

2 Likes

100% agreed :joy: don’t forget the generic hot guy that the MC falls for and he turns out to be a jerk and has a dark past but he’s actually a softy lol

1 Like

YESS!
And then gets all “Build up your wall man, don’t go vulnerable or somethin’.” when the MC does something sweet and heartwarming to the love interest :upside_down_face:

Also the other Jerk love interest is apart of some dangerous gang/mafia group… So predictable :joy:

1 Like

in every story there is a jealous girl who wants the same guy and the guy never likes them :woman_facepalming: :joy:

2 Likes

BAHAH IKR! And then the guy is actually the leaders son of the rival mafia gang and the guys get into conflict and fight over the Mary-sue :rofl:
Next thing you know she’s pregnant and doesn’t know who the father is lmao

3 Likes

Not as cliche then I’d say :joy:

1 Like

And backs away when they heard the news, tho some stay but others are like “Hell nah, I ain’t the father…” and the mary-sue becomes gloomy and cries.
And the MCs bestfriend are like “Oh noOoo GuuRlL, We’Re AlWaYs HeRe fOoR yOu.” not hating on them or anything but most stories that I read has a very supportive friend…

1 Like

Yeah I agree, I swear all the MCs in every story have a supportive friend and a dumb af one lmao.
Wait for it…
Mary-sue ends up falling for a hybrid Vampire Werewolf Demon.

3 Likes

And the MC became the queen of some realm or something, they end up together and have another child… CaTcH fOr SeAsOn 2 FoR aNoThEr StOrY aBoUt ThEiR LiVeS!

Oh yeah I also forgot that every story about these cliches are having this weirD narrative description about the characters. They’d be like

“As I walked in I saw my lover sitting on the stool smoking, the moon’s brightness reflecting his purple blue eyes and his abs that were carved by the romans. His spiky hair speaks of trouble and his nose can be a slide…”

(I’ve actually noticed this one a lot btw…)

2 Likes