Motivation needed

Hey I have no motivation to write my story further. I like my story and I wanna continue writing I just have no motivation to do it. Does anyone have any tips?

4 Likes

she has some amazing tips for writers
https://instagram.com/kennedychasewrites?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Oh god same :sweat_smile:
I really want to continue all three of my stories but it’s just so much effort atm, if I don’t do some now then I’ll have less time the rest of the year because I’m going into yr10 but then I’m also just so lazy and can’t find the right motivation :kissing:

2 Likes

There’s a lot of tips!

First of all, you can always take a break for writing! Nones stopping you,

You can always read stories to help you motivate!

Be mindful, there’s many of threads like this, you’re not the only one lol. When I was low on motivation, I’d read those topics about the same thing I needed help with.

Don’t give on your story, J was low on motivation before and I was like “this is too hard, I should stop writing this story. It’s never going to be made anyways.” But a side of my brain was like “You can do it, you should keep writing, this story is going to be published one day. I believe you. :relieved:”

Honestly, backgrounds and stuff really slow me down, if you need help, just get a partner. 🤷

3 Likes

I can help a bit!

Taking breaks for a short period/until you’re inspired again helps a lot! After taking a break for a week or less, I felt much more motivated to write!!

Inspiration from other writers, or even a book/.movie/tv show can help loads. They have great ideas and concepts to base off, and you can add your own twist to them. ;]

As for backgrounds and overlays, they aren’t as important as the plot so you can just search on later.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you that really helped!

1 Like

I totally get that when I think that I want to write I try to write but then I just can’t do it because I don’t have motivation

2 Likes