Movies (Reviews, Recomdations, Your Favs, Disappointments)

yay. hope you like it

1 Like

Why Iron Man?

I mean I like Iron Man hes my third fav just wondering why?

The Encounter(not about aliens), Amazing Love (Sean astin), Touch By Grace, and Breakthrough.

1 Like

just to let you know the order. also episode 5 and rouge one. is the best ones. but do not see rouge one before you have seen a new hope (episode 4 the first one)

1 Like

Yeah what?

I know. star wars is weird right. also clone wars and rebels is the tve series you dont need to see those unleash you really want to.

I myself f up watchng star wars and started from 1. it ruins it because you learn evry plot twist from the first ones

1 Like

Really

Yeah my driend tried to explain it and I told her bshe was hurting my brain

Well I was disappointed with After so I first saw the trailer and was like this is going to be a good movie so I read the book and fell in love with it and finally I saw the movie…
And I wasnt dissapointed with the script I just felt they could have had better music and better scenes and I still love the movie but I was a little disappointed :unamused:
I mean watch the trailer and than watch the movie and your like is this really it

Movies I recommend:
• Sweeney Todd
Evil Judge Turpin (Alan Rickman) lusts for the beautiful wife of a London barber (Johnny Depp) and transports him to Australia for a crime he did not commit. Returning after 15 years and calling himself Sweeney Todd, the now-mad man vows revenge, applying his razor to unlucky customers and shuttling the bodies down to Mrs. Lovett (Helena Bonham Carter), who uses them in her meat-pie shop. Though many fall to his blade, he will not be satisfied until he slits Turpin’s throat.

This is actually a musical. I’m not fan of musicals, but oh god… I literally sing songs from this everyday.

• Sleepy Hollow
Set in 1799, “Sleepy Hollow” is based on Washington Irving’s classic tale “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.” Faithful to the dreamy custom-bound world that Irving paints in his story, the film mixes horror, fantasy and romance and features an extraordinary cast of characters that dabble in the supernatural.

If you love The Headless Horseman, this movie is for you.

• Troy
Based on Homer’s “Iliad,” this epic portrays the battle between the ancient kingdoms of Troy and Sparta. While visiting Spartan King Menelaus (Brendan Gleeson), Trojan prince Paris (Orlando Bloom) falls for Menelaus’ wife, Helen (Diane Kruger), and takes her back to Troy. Menelaus’ brother, King Agamemnon (Brian Cox), having already defeated every army in Greece, uses his brother’s fury as a pretext to declare war against Troy, the last kingdom preventing his control over the Aegean Sea.

For fans of Greek mythology, this movie is great.

• Schindler’s List
Businessman Oskar Schindler (Liam Neeson) arrives in Krakow in 1939, ready to make his fortune from World War II, which has just started. After joining the Nazi party primarily for political expediency, he staffs his factory with Jewish workers for similarly pragmatic reasons. When the SS begins exterminating Jews in the Krakow ghetto, Schindler arranges to have his workers protected to keep his factory in operation, but soon realizes that in so doing, he is also saving innocent lives.

Even if you know only the basics of WW2, this movie will nake you emotional.

• The Notebook
In 1940s South Carolina, mill worker Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling) and rich girl Allie (Rachel McAdams) are desperately in love. But her parents don’t approve. When Noah goes off to serve in World War II, it seems to mark the end of their love affair. In the interim, Allie becomes involved with another man (James Marsden). But when Noah returns to their small town years later, on the cusp of Allie’s marriage, it soon becomes clear that their romance is anything but over.

I’m not big fan of romance, but at the end of this movie I cried so much.

• Literally any Harry Potter movie.

• Funny Face
Dispatched on an assignment, New York City-based fashion photographer Dick Avery (Fred Astaire) is struck by the beauty of Jo Stockton (Audrey Hepburn), a shy bookstore employee he’s photographed by accident, who he believes has the potential to become a successful model. He gets Jo to go with him to France, where he snaps more pictures of her against iconic Parisian backdrops. In the process, they fall for one another, only to find hurdles in their way.

• The Shining
Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) becomes winter caretaker at the isolated Overlook Hotel in Colorado, hoping to cure his writer’s block. He settles in along with his wife, Wendy (Shelley Duvall), and his son, Danny (Danny Lloyd), who is plagued by psychic premonitions. As Jack’s writing goes nowhere and Danny’s visions become more disturbing, Jack discovers the hotel’s dark secrets and begins to unravel into a homicidal maniac hell-bent on terrorizing his family.

Although movie is nothing like the book, it still was interesting. The movie itself is not very scary, the music is just creepy. Classical psyhological horror. Everything from Stephen King is great tho.
2 Likes

I love Funny Face , The notebook, and Shindlers List… I watched them and just loved them…
And I wanted to watch the Shining

1 Like

“the shining” book is 100% better

1 Like

Yeah… I love to read…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.