Moving overlays simultaneously — SOLVED

Hi, guys!

I hope you are great! If anyone could help me out with something that would be much appreciated!

SO, I am making an intro for my new story and as the title letters appear I want different lights to move in the background as well. I want these to happen simultaneously but I am not sure if that’s possible.

I tried these 2 combinations but none seemed to work:

@overlay I1 opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay G opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay N1 opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay I2 opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay T opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay I3 opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay O opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay N2 opacity 1 in 0.5
&overlay LIGHT1 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT2 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT3 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT4 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT5 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT6 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT7 shifts to 0 0 in 4

AND

@overlay LIGHT1 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT2 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT3 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT4 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT5 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT6 shifts to 0 0 in 4 AND overlay LIGHT7 shifts to 0 0 in 4
&overlay I1 opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay G opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay N1 opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay I2 opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay T opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay I3 opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay O opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay N2 opacity 1 in 0.5

Any advice would be much appreciated!

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

@Ryan, I figured it out, you can close the thread now. Thanks!

Ryan left tag someone else!
And I iwll say it again HOW JUST HOW???:astonished::astonished:

1 Like

You need to put the light movement before the letters and use the & command!

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

JUST BECOME A TEACHER TO TEACH THIS!:astonished:

1 Like

Lol, I just received help on this myself! Couldn’t figure it out although the decision was right in front of me!

1 Like

Try tagging @Sydney_H

1 Like

Thank you very much for suggestion but I’ve solved it and asked @Ryan to close the thread. Maybe I should ask @Jeremy too.

Thank you very much all!

1 Like

Good call! Just an fyi. Ryan is no longer a moderator for us so you can send all your requests to @Sydney_H from now on. Thanks a bunch :peace_symbol:

1 Like