Multiple spot directing not working

When my character transitions from the seated position to the thinking action my character automatically moves towards the bottom of the screen. When I try and fix it, the character still has the previous spot coordinates (from the seated position) and the app refuses to update to the new one. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? Thank you :slight_smile:

@LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD spot 0.558 179 308 AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD is idle_sit_leanback_unimpressed_loop AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD faces left

@speechbubble is 149 181 to 100% with tail_top_right

LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD
(Damn heathens)
(No one can do anything right!)

@LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD spot 0.558 195 32 AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD is think_rubchin AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD faces left

Maybe I don’t understand what you mean, but if you want him to be higher you should change y number

I have, it’s just that no matter how many times I do that my character still remains at the bottom of the screen.

Or I think I know what you mean now, use Charact. Walk to spot instead, maybe it is what you want

Hm, I’ll give it a go, I just don’t want him to physically walk there. I want it to be more of a fixed position so you can’t see him moving to that spot. It’s weird, this has never happened before. Thanks for your input, I’ll try it now :slight_smile:

No problem, or remove him and spot him again :cat_shocked:

Try this:

@LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD spot 0.558 179 308 AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD is idle_sit_leanback_unimpressed_loop AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD faces left

@LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD walks to spot 0.558 195 32 in 0 AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD does it while think_rubchin AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD faces left

This should work, but if not, just check your coordinates again. Maybe some of it might be the problem.

No, he still moves to the bottom of the screen. I moved him back to the position I want and made sure the coordinates match up to what’s in my script. When I save it and restart the episode the same thing happens

Okay, I’ll try to see if I can fix it for you, just bear with me. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much

No problem, just hang in there for a bit!

Maybe you need to specify what zone he is in.

@LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD spot 0.558 179 308 in zone # AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD is idle_sit_leanback_unimpressed_loop AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD faces left

You can also try using &

That’s a great thought. There’s only one zone, but let me try it. Thank you :slight_smile:

No, the same thing happens :confused:

You want the character to be seated when the scene opens up?

1 Like

Yes, and then after a few words I want him to be in a think position. It’s zoomed in on the seated position so when he transitions into thinking I want him to be seen as if he never moved so it looks like he’s still seated.

I got you.

@LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD spot 0.558 179 308 AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD is idle_sit_leanback_unimpressed_loop AND LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD faces left - I didn’t change anything here.

In that case, try this.

@LORD spot 0.558 195 32 and LORD faces left
@LORD is think_rubchin

Or you can use &

This is how I do it and it works. You might want to play with zooms to make it look like he’s still sitting.

1 Like

your Y coordinate is wrong

spot 0.558 195 32

his size is small that’s why it goes to to the bottom, you need to spot him again

1 Like

Great suggestion, I’ve played with the zoom so it still looks like he’s sitting. It’s peculiar, I’ve never had this problem before. I’ll try out your suggestion now, thank you :smiley:

Hm, when I move him up the spot helper tells me that the y coordinate is 32 in order to be in that position.