Music & Lyrics Discussion Thread 🎼

She’s a true original :slight_smile: What else do you like to listen to?

@Gwen-Bruce Be sure to lmk if you get a chance to rewatch it! And that does sound good, I’ll add it to the list!

3 Likes

Since Mate Feed Kill Repeat! Definitely aging myself here…but yeah, SUUGGGAAAA!! Much love for Serj Tankian and all hos cameos and self title projects (especially his contribution to one of my favorite bands, Dog Fashion Disco)

Never got into Sum41 but def remember the days of TRL and them taking over the airwaves. I was more into just nu metal, hardcore, industrial, punk, death metal, rock, classic rock, etc…mostly all sub genres of any rock. Now I still listen to all that type of music but also rap, hip-hop, gangsta rap and a bunch of band’s that would probably frighten most people because they are multi-genre (DFD, MSI, Twenty One Pilots, Dresden Dolls, etc)

Against Me! - Borne On The FM Waves Of The Heart - Always reminds me of many past relationships

4 Likes

You should try Josh Groban, Taylor Swift and Grace Vanderwaal! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations! Though I’m afraid Tay-Tay will forever be in my bad books :confused:

1 Like

That is okay I forgive you on Taylor thought. I send you a pm message please! How are yo today? :wink:

2 Likes

runs in

Dear No One by Spencer Kane/Brooke is possibly one of the greatest songs I have ever heard. And the saddest. Every time I hear it I nearly cry. Every. Time. Literally. But it’s so beautiful. That’s my music rant.

runs out
runs back in
yells “THE SCRIPT FOR LIFE”
runs back out and chugs coffee in my hobbit hole

2 Likes

One Headlight by the Wallflowers will forever be my favorite song. Not only did I hear it all the time on the radio during my childhood, not only is the music so chill yet emotional and just good, but the lyrics all speak to me on such a deep level. I’ve been tempted to get some of them tattooed, especially from this verse (they’re a bit depressing, so I blurred them, but bolded the line I’ve thought about getting tattooed):

Well this place is old
It feels just like a beat up truck
I turn the engine, but the engine doesn’t turn
Well it smells of cheap wine, cigarettes
This place is always such a mess
Sometimes I think I’d like to watch it burn
I’m so alone and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain’t changed, but I know I ain’t the same
But somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin’ dreams
I think of death, it must be killin’ me

Hey, hey hey come on try a little
Nothing is forever
There’s got to be something better than
In the middle
But me and Cinderella
We put it all together
We can drive it home
With one headlight

3 Likes

Ooh music!!! :heart_eyes: One of my favorite topics! I love to bounce around and try different styles and learn new music. Even if I stay mostly within the rock or metal genre. As of the past couple of days, I’ve been listening to a smaller band named Blackbriar and their EP album Fractured Fairytales. It’s only got 6 songs but I love it! It’s dark, haunting, and has a couple of sick guitar solos. It really has an almost symphonic metal feel to it like old school Within Temptation. I hope they continue to make more music.

Haha Nu-Metal was my life growing up!! I was obsessed with that genre. :joy: I started with Linkin Park then got deeper and deeper and never emerged.

3 Likes

I listen to mostly The Neighbourhood, Arctic Monkeys and The 1975. Angsty teen stuff, I like Against Me’s album Transgender Dysphoria Blues tooooo. also the Tragically Hip (rip gord)

2 Likes

I’m embarrassingly enamored with the emo pop, punk rock subgenres (which I swear are real things that exist and I’m not making up!!). I spiritually worship Fall Out Boy. “Holiday” is my political ideology. I whisper my motto “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” to myself every time I put pen to paper. Boys Like Girls, Weezer, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, even – when I’m feeling extra insubordinate – Rage Against the Machine. As odd as it seems, there’s just something so therapeutic in drowning yourself in lyrical depression while also remembering to eff the system.

6 Likes

Here comes [:drum:Drumroll :drum:]

The Backstreet Boys!

My favorite-est band of all time! Quit Playing Games With My Heart and As Long As You Love Me - the two of the most magnificent-est songs I would recommend to anyone. And by anyone I mean those who face a messy breakup and have no one but some sappy romance novel and a tub of B&J ice-cream to keep them company. Seriously though, if you’re tired of the same, usual The Vamps or 5 SOS (No Offence!), then The Backstreet Boys are gonna help you get your rock back on!

Now, here comes [:drum:Drumroll :drum:]

Roxette!

I loved their song It Must Have Been Love which was also the theme song of Pretty Woman (My favorite-est movie!). Roxette is a duo consisting of Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle that originated in 1986. The song It Must Have Been Love recounts of someone who wakes up to the dewy winter morning and wants the embrace of their loved one. It’s also recommended to anyone who’s a sappy romantic by heart.

And now, finally, here comes [:drum:Drumroll :drum:]

C’Mon! Everyone knows who she is. If not, then…oh, heck! She’s Beyonce! Yeah, The Queen Bey!

4 Likes

Was lucky enough to see Linkin Park at a very small club in NJ prior to Hybrid Theory releasing. Was a crazy show and didn’t even know that many people knew of Linkin Park at the time. Hmmm, you gave me an idea for a new thread/topic! Yeah, Nu Metal was always a genre I could relate to. Korn would have had to have been my entry into it. Either them or RATM or Tool.

2 Likes

Obsessed with Bugsy Malone xox

oh no this question is always the death of me

i listen to everything from the bubbliest & cutest japanese songs to the slowest sad songs to even french music, i practically listen to anything i think sounds cool lol

2 Likes

Oh I’m so jealous! For Christmas one year, I had a friend who had gotten me tickets to see them (one of the best presents EVER!), but it was after the release of The Hunting Party I think it was. Unfortunately a week before the concert, Chester injured his foot and they couldn’t perform and I never ended up seeing them. I was devastated to say the least.

And yes! Tool! Another amazing band! Ahh, this all brings me back. I feel like I know what I’m going to listen to today. lol

2 Likes

This reminds me of my emo days in High school. Haha I remember when Panic! At the Disco first came around and me and my friends were OBSESSED with A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out. I ended up playing my CD to death and I had all the songs memorized and could say every title name flawlessly. :laughing:

4 Likes

I listen to a lot of music but lately I’ve been obsessed with The Violence by Rise Against, my favourite part is “we’re not stories, we’re not actors, we’re awake and in control”

YES ROXETTE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: (personal fav is Listen to your Heart)

Hahaha I feel that on a spiritual level. I’m a bit of a late bloomer when it comes to my emo phase but I’m just soaking it all in right now.