MUSIC: New styles

Okay so I’ve seen somebody on here who wanted music that sounds more like fantasy and I completely agree. A lot of people would make Fantasy stories here if they had a bit more resources to do that, mostly outfits and music and maybe later elf ears. However, I realized that there’s a lack of other music styles in Episode.

For instance, you want to write a story that’s set anywhere in the area 0f 1920s - 1950s and you think of everything, the story sounds amazing in your head, the characters, you even managed to find good outfits to portray the time period somewhat good and then you get to the music. And you lack any music that resembles the area.

I think big band music would be great in here. The thing about big band music is you can make it yourself on a computer now and it sounds like it’s from the time period and it’s easy to make a simple tune if you just listen to these examples.
BIG BAND TUNES

RETRO MUSIC IN GENERAL (40s - 60s, maybe even 70s but not for teen kids lol)

(Useful for either quirky scenes, also to put this on to show a TV tune that would be recognized by the characters, as a way to show a boring or monotone day in the house back then, basically a soung like this has many uses and it’s simple to produce and make a tune like this)

And if you add that crackle to the sounds it would be so amazing! I would use it for stories that aren’t even set in the past.

Now let’s talk about science fiction. The story I’m currently creating it a half a fantasy story and half a science fiction one. I’d love to have more option to make your story sound more futuristic. Synth-pop or Synth wave would work great with that. Synth wave would be used for establishing shots or action packed scenes, or the ones showing new technology, meanwhile Synth-pop would be used to give us a cute or fun scene to break the tension where we would use those tunes as kind of the popular music listened to by the people in future. If you establish that a synth-pop tune as music, you could use it later on to show how things aren’t bad in a certain scene by puting in that tune to have the readers realize it’s not dangerous or scary. You could use that for an good ending.

SYNTHWAVE

SYNTHPOP

And Synth Pop could also be used to be brought back to the 80s

We also need more hystorical music. And I know we have Elizabethan music and all that jazz. But I mean we need a bit more variety.
For instance:

ANCIENT GREEK

(Whit this one you could make some ancient chanting songs, it would be great for fantasy where chanting is a part of a ritual or something simmilar to that)

(This music is also known as bronze core, instead of bardcore lol)

ANCIENT ROMAN

(A song like this could also be made simmilar and it would sound like roman chanting, which could be used for Satanistic character who call upon a demon or Satan himself for something, which would be great in a story that’s simmilar to the TV show Supernatural or Buffy the vampire slayer)

ANCIENT CHINESE/ASIAN

(And since Guzheng and ancient Chinese instruments sound so good and are still used today in new music, I think this music could be used to portay China today, like this next song)

(Now let’s get back to other asian songs, I think Mongolian style songs would be a great addittion to Episode music library, I really like this song for instance)

MEDIEVAL CHURCH MUSIC
(I’m not sure if a song that resembles this is already on Episode or not, it’s already a big library of music and I didn’t check it all, but I’m adding this just in case)
Many of you, when you think of Medieval times would think the music back then was something like the fantasy music you hear in movies and TV shows, but in fact it was mostly church music and music was written mainly by monks.

OLD SCHOTTISH MUSIC (BAGPIPES)

(That’s it for history for what I can tell needs to be added)

HORROR MUSIC
Yes I’m aware we have scary music … But we don’t have those nursery rhymes and horrific music and that would be really useful for some creators (Although I haven’t dabbled yet in horror)

(Also a little bit of action in the horror music library would be greatly appreciated)

Anything you folks things should be added to this list?

Also, if anything is already on the library, If you’ll be so kind to tell me so I could delete it, thank you guys in advance

21 Likes

Support all the way!!! :musical_note: :musical_score: :notes:

2 Likes

SUPPORT! More synth music, please!

And maybe ridiculously dramatic music that could be used for horror.

Is that the “Deliverance” theme with bagpipes :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

Renaissance: Holy Latin chanting
Baroque: AAAAAAAAALLELUUUIIIIAAAA

3 Likes

Support.

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

A BIG Support!! :yay::blob_hearts:

We definitely need more music like these in the portal !
and I guess some more sounds too :thinking:

2 Likes

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support! Music is life :dancer:

1 Like

I’m sorry but do you what’s the name of music that in “To Be Continued…” scene on Epilove ep 11???

1 Like

No, I dont read on here that much

Support

1 Like

Support and bump

1 Like

Which one?

Support <3

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!!!

1 Like

Support fs

1 Like

Support, and just because you know the game ‘Choices’ too and you even put their banging OST music here, you’re automatically one of my favourite people ^^

1 Like