Music &Sound Issues. Please Help!

Hey there my fellow episodians,

I am having an issue with my sound while previewing my story on my laptop. The sounds and music will play when I preview them under the sounds tab but no sounds or music will play in my story when I preview my actual script. I’m not sure if this is just a bug but I know my coding is correct and my volume is all the way up. I have never experienced this problem until now. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you manage to fix it?

Thank you !!! :blush:

1 Like

When you code them make sure u type in music or sound first like this

Music name

Sound name

1 Like

Hi there :smiling_face:
I’ve experienced this a lot. Sometimes it’s because my phone is on silent :sweat_smile: (the button on the side of the phone) so I just needed to put the volume back on but a good amount of time was that the app was running slow and it’s possible because I had many things running in the background (other apps) or it’s just glitching. So I had to exit the Episode app and start it up again to get it to work. But this often happens to me. Not sure if it has to do with my phone and memory being used or it’s an actual issue with the app itself. :sweat_smile:. But I notice this happens even though my volume is coded on and at the max. But I’d check all of those things like the coding which seems you did and also what apps are running in the background and exit out them and exit out the episode app and go back in.

2 Likes

I have faced the same problem multiple times.
Idk why the music won’t work. Sound effects work fine but the music doesn’t.
Even when I’m previewing it in the portal, it sometimes work and sometimes it doesn’t.
Maybe it’s some sort of a glitch or so.

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback! I guess as long as it works in the app I can deal with it not working in the web previewer lol