Musical Theatre

Anyone here enjoy musical theatre? Any particular musical number you like? If so, what are some of your favorites?

3 Likes

I like musical theatre. I watched many, but they’re all at my local theatre, so I’m not sure I can recommend it here. I never watch musical theater on TV/drama, I always watch it live on the spot. People talk about Hamilton, but I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet.

1 Like

YES YES YES a thousand times YES.
i’m a theatre geek and have always loved theatre, especially when it includes music. i absolutely love mamma mia & the sound of music, seeing them live is absolutely wonderful and will always beat seeing the movies for me. hamilton is also a good one <3

of course, annie is a classic, but i love it even more bc of nostalgia. i mean, really, i think i can enjoy about any musical if the music is good enough.

i could go on about musicals for hours tbh, theatre as well. lin-manuel is a genius when it comes to music, especially overlapping sounds and singing.

also i know this doesn’t have to do with musical theatre, but i have to mention William Shakespeare. i mean, he’s seriously inspiring and his work holds up to this day, decades and decades later.

idk how to end this :disco:

3 Likes

Yes!!! I love musical theatre. These are some of my favorite numbers:

1. Schadenfreude - Avenue Q
  2. The Money Song - Avenue Q
  3. Revolting Children - Matilda
  4. The World Will Know - Newsies
  5. There! Right! There! - Legally Blonde
  6. The Phantom of the Opera - The Phantom of the Opera
  7. A Musical - Something Rotten
  8. Forever - Shrek the Musical
  9. If You Were Gay - Avenue Q
  10. Closed for Renovation - Little Shop of Horrors
  11. Suddenly Seymour - Little Shop of Horrors.
  12. The whole Hamilton soundtrack

I could go on (some tracks from Wicked, Heathers, Waitress) but I’ll leave you with this!

2 Likes

I’m going to see Avenue Q in Amsterdam next month! Can’t wait to see it (only know the premise).

1 Like

Avenue Q is timeless

1 Like

I actually don’t know much of the show because Ive never had the chance to see it. I’ve just listened to at least half of the numbers. I hope you enjoy! It seems like a really good show :sparkles:

1 Like

Starting to get into it, the only one I’ve watched was the Bonnie & Clyde musical. Very great, good music really enjoyed it. I’ve been wanting to watch Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown, Waitress and Something Rotten.

I used to have an addiction to showtunes lmao. My favourite musicals are Hadestown and The Six :3

I LOVE musical theatre, a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to go see the OG West End Queens in Six at Hampton Court Palace, If you don’t know that was Henry VIII’s favourite palace and was actually where Jane Seymour gave birth and died.

Anyway, the Queens were AMAZING, I never thought I’d get to see them in the show, love them all but getting to see Natalie do Heart of Stone was sooooo good :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.