My background is not looping, please help

Hi! I’m writing a story and I want to make my character walk in a loop. i’m using a looping background (EXT. OUTDOOR STREET LOOP - NIGHT) but it is not moving. I’ve also placed some texts while my character is walking but I don’t know if that’s a problem. Can someone help me? Here’s the script.
!
%CE%A7%CF%89%CF%81%CE%AF%CF%82%20%CF%84%CE%AF%CF%84%CE%BB%CE%BF|690x431

Please tell me what I’ve done wrong because i’m losing my mind. I have seen a lot of tutorials and read a lot of articles but I still can’t fix the problem.

Sorry that I have erased some things, they are unimportant and I may change them so yeah.

Please help I’m desperate :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

@Apes

2 Likes

@JemU776

Here,

5 Likes

For some reason, this background isn’t a looping on, despite the “loop” in the title.

1 Like

Which one? Yours?

Nope, just this background you’re talking about doesn’t loop in general, for some reason.
I know it has the word “loop” in the title, but it isn’t actually a looping background.

2 Likes

Ok

Give me the background you need to loop please.

@cantfindausername this background is not working, unfortunately. Click on the post from @Danielle318 you’ll find a ready overlay of this background and coding :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’ll have to use another background; I think EXT. TOWN SQUARE LOOP - DAY is a good one.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Hello, if you haven’t got it already, use the thread that Danielle sent you on looping backgrounds (overlays). Read over it and test it out.

Code from Dara’s thread (example using speed 4, I put the name of the overlay in for you):

EXT. BLUE - DAY with SHOPS NIGHT to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
&overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 create from SHOPS NIGHT and overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 and overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 to layer -6
&overlay SHOPS NIGHT shifts to -640 0 in 4 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT shifts to -960 0 in 2 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 4 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT shifts to 0 0 in 2 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 4 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in 2 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 shifts to -640 0 in 4 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 shifts to -960 0 in 2 THEN overlay SHOPS NIGHT_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times
NARR
Pause.

Background used (similar to the one you tried but it didn’t work; this BG also came from Dara’s thread):

Name it: SHOPS NIGHT

And I feel you, coming across a background that says loop but doesn’t loop can be annoying :joy: :heart:

2 Likes

I’m confused but I think I’ll figure it out. Thank you :blush:

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed: ! I really thought it was working :woman_facepalming:t3:

I figured it out and fixed it. Thank you for your help :relaxed::heart: Also thank you @Danielle318 :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.