My character isn't doing any animation after a movement

Hello dear Episodians,
Here’s my code so that you can have a look what I’m implying-
case 1:
&zoom on 441 105 to 208% in 1.5 using easeout
&INDU walks to spot 1 223 114 in zone 2 in 1 AND INDU faces right AND INDU does it while idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear
&overlay STOOL2 shifts to 176 -4 in zone 2 in 1
@pause for .1
&INDU is idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear
case 2:
&overlay VARUNS HOME OFFICE shifts to 164 -21 in zone 1 in 1.25
&SKILL walks to spot 0.917 248 136 in zone 1 in 1.25 AND SKILL faces left AND SKILL moves to layer 3 AND SKILL does it while talk_phone_neutral_loop
@speechbubble is 188 248 to 88% with tail_top_right
SKILL (talk_phone_neutral_loop)
Can I please speak with Miss Indu Joshi?
&SKILL is listen_phone_confused

In case 1: My character is standing and doing nothing even though I have given a command using ‘&’. And I tried without the @pause for .1, since it didn’t work, I thought it may need a pause.

In case 2: When my character is supposed to do the talk_phone_neutral_loop animation while saying that line, they are standing still with no animations.

Can someone please tell me why it happens and how can I get rid of this problem? Thank you.

2 Likes

Is it in the phone preview? I once had my character just doing the IDLE animation there but it got fixed the next day.

2 Likes

No, it’s in my web previewer. And even after refreshing the glitch didn’t go away.

2 Likes

Which character exactly is not doing the animations?
EDIT:Just realised

2 Likes

&INDU is idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear

SKILL (talk_phone_neutral_loop)
Can I please speak with Miss Indu Joshi?

These two don’t seem like working.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can put an & command after a pause
But then it would show a warning, I really don’t know :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No, I use it all the time and it works. It has something to do with the & movement of character I believe. But I don’t know how to solve this :pensive:

2 Likes

Because you didn’t give enough time for the character to finish the animation, which is why it will trigger the character to idle. By using “&”, you are trying to make the character move simultaneously with the next command. Replace “&” with “@” so that the character will not do the next animation until the current has finished.

case 1: remove the pause
@INDU walks to spot 1 223 114 in zone 2 in 1 AND INDU faces right AND INDU does it while idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear THEN INDU starts idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear

or, add the same seconds to the pause:
case 1:
&INDU walks to spot 1 223 114 in zone 2 in 1 AND INDU faces right AND INDU does it while idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear
@pause for 1

case 2:
&overlay VARUNS HOME OFFICE shifts to 164 -21 in zone 1 in 1.25
@SKILL walks to spot 0.917 248 136 in zone 1 in 1.25 AND SKILL faces left AND SKILL moves to layer 3 AND SKILL does it while talk_phone_neutral_loop

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I’ll try to implement it. :blush:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.