My First Speed Episode Tutorial Is Live on My YT Channel!

Originally titled “Would anyone watch videos of me creating my artwork?

I published my first speed tutorial! Feel free to check it out of you’re interested! 4/25/20

I have a YouTube channel and I’ve contemplated screen recording myself working on my covers/splashes etc, editing them, then publishing on my channel just as something else fun to do. I recorded my last design but I’m unsure🤔

• Is that something anyone would be interested in watching?
  • If so, do you have any advice or tips for me?
  • Do you think I should have permission from the person I’m designing for, first?

It would literally just be a sped up, no voice video unless I’d be asked to talk or something.

Let me know what you think!

And if anyone’s curious about my shop, you can click here to see some of my work! I’m currently closed to catch up on requests, but you can always bookmark and check back later if I’m open!

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get many view at first
  3. Yeah
2 Likes

Thank you for your response! :blush:

1 Like

That sounds great!
I would like to watch it, and so would many other artists.
Like Stella2003 said, don’t be discouraged. Views, likes, and subscribers don’t come easily. As long as your motivation is art and not likes, then I think you will enjoy it more. Be careful of the haters. There are so many bored people on the internet who just post rude comments.
And yes, I think you should get permission from the person first.

2 Likes

I would love to watch!
But I would also like if you did at least some videos where you explained what you were doing or something like that. What is your channel name?

1 Like

When I first started designing, I tried finding tutorials to learn but it was very hard, so that’s where my idea stemmed from!
One of my videos a couple years ago had reached 300k views and I had gotten so much negativity and hateful comments, but I feel like it helped toughen me up a little bit so I can take whatever’s thrown at me :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I’m sure I’d be able to do that :slightly_smiling_face: it can certainly get confusing when just watching and trying to follow along!
My channels name is KylieJayx3 :blush:

1 Like

Oh I forgot to say, that your work looks really great!

And btw I don’t know if you have noticed that in one of your splashes where the character sits cross-legged, the feet are upside down :thinking:

1 Like

You should! I love watching speed edits.

Secondly, I feel like you should get permission from the people you’re doing the artwork for because it could be used for their upcoming story, so they might now want anyone to have any sneak peeks of that. But tbh if it’s profile pics and stuff like that, I don’t think it’d be a problem. Just art scenes.

1 Like

Ahw thank you! :heartpulse:
And that was a tricky one for sure lol I think the issue is that I couldn’t move the feet to face forward and look natural, however depending on the angle like in the picture below, :arrow_down: you can still see the heels and they’re slightly pointing up, so thats the way I went. It’s definitely something I need to work on a little more though, thank you for pointing it out :blush:

Pic

1 Like

Excellent point, I never even thought of that!!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

Thanks all for your thoughts and input! I think I’m going to take the plunge and make some of those videos! I’m super excited and I really hope they will entertain/help you :heartpulse:

For anyone interested in finding my channel awhile, my name is KylieJayx3.

ATM I only upload once a month, but those are videos where I actually have to have an idea and record myself, edit etc. I think I may be able to do at least 1 edit video a month, so I would be doing 2 uploads per month. Maybe more in the future, who knows! :grin::heart:

2 Likes

I meant that the little toes should be against the floor instead of the big toes. Otherwise, that looks quite good. :black_heart:

1 Like

For some reasons it it so relaxing for me to watch someone do art :joy:

1 Like

lol right! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes I am interested
No because I am not very good in art :sweat_smile:
Yes because it be a publicity for the episode stories :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Heeeyyyy everyone!

I had lots of great feedback regarding publishing speed tutorials on my channel! So I decided to actually do it!

My first one is now live. If you decide to watch, please bear with me as it’s my very first screen recording video. Please let me know in the comments if there’s anything I can improve on to make the tutorials easier to watch! Or if there’s anything in particular you’d like to see me do, or if you’d like some voice overs explaining what I’m doing :slight_smile:
I go through my entire process, start to finish, and my first video is about making a character detail sheet.

does anyone know if I can monetize speed paint tutorials?? I can’t find an answer anywhere…

Feel free to check it out and subscribe! I’ll be posting at least 1, maybe 2 tutorials a month depending on when I upload my regular content.
Thank youuuuu! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sorry if any of you’s didn’t want to me tagged! You expressed interest in watching so that’s why I did :relieved:
@Stella2003 @esbiz @Amphia @SelenaKnight3101 @FlowerFluff @Sky89

6 Likes

I like the intro! The text due to its color was a bit hard to see in certain areas where it overlapped the image. I enjoyed seeing the process! The music you added was great. I would just shorten the video a bit, since it’s long in my opinion. Other than that, great job!!!

1 Like

I will watch it later and I will dm you about it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!! :blush:
My next couple videos I edited are even longer, but that’s because there’s multiple characters I’m editing as well as putting them into a cover :worried: but I’ll try to shorten it where I can! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like