My guide for creating overlays using apps Sketchbook and ibisPaint x

For beginners! My overlay creation guide for the Episode Interactive, using your phone and very EASY. 10 steps!

You can watch my YouTube video as I can NOT upload more than 5 images here. Creating an overlay for the Episode Interactive, using app Sketchbook and ibisPaintX - YouTube

First step. For instance I want to create a rose overlay. I have decided to use one of my photos of roses. Open the app Sketchbook. Remember your overlay should be less than 1 MB. Tap on the 3 dot icon above in the corner of the left. Select new sketch. 2.40 Mpx is OK, because we should use a low quality overlay.

Step 2. Tap on the 3 dot icon again and select gallery.

Step 3. Tap on the “plus +” icon

Step 4. Choose “New from image.”

Step 5. Select your image and upload in the Sketchbook app. I have chosen a rose. Now I will select a white brush and make the background of the rose white. Make sure it is all white. No dots left. Then click on the 3 dot icon again. Select “Share” and then “Save to device.”

Step 6. We are done with Sketchbook. Now open ibisPaint X. Tap on the brush icon and select Magic Wand.

Step 7. You should see an animated moving line moving across the rose.

Step 8. There is a square icon above. Tap on it and select clear layer.

Step 9. There is a layer icon in the footer. Tap on it and then choose the background shown in the screenshot or screen recording. 100 % normal.

Step 10. Tap on the square icon above and choose Remove selection area. Then save as transparent PNG as shown in the screen shot and screen recording.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.