My overlay won't show up :(

Hey, I’m a little confused as to what is happening with my overlay. I have been working with overlays for over 8 months and have never had any problems like I am now. No matter what I do my overlay will not show up! I have tried remaking my overlay several times but it still will not work. When I click the ‘Change Overlay’ button my computer/phone becomes super glitchy and slow, does this mean something?

My coding is all correct so I really don’t know what the issue is:

INT. BLACK - NIGHT

@pause for 0.3

&overlay X create
&overlay X shifts to 0 0 in zone 1
&overlay X scales to 1.000 1.000
&overlay X moves to layer 2
@overlay X opacity 1 in 2

Again, I have been working with overlays for a decently long time and I have never had any issues. If anyone has had this happen to them and/or know how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated! <33

1 Like

That has happen to me before, Idk what it means but I just zoom out the scene and find the overlay. Tap it, not the change overlay button, just tap it with your mouse or whatever you have. That didn’t came glitchy for me so it might work for you…?

Or try reuploading the overlay

This episode background, INT. BLACK - NIGHT/DAY, does not work well with overlays. It’s best not to use these backgrounds. It makes the overlays become extremely huge. You’d need to scale down the overlay as small as 0.010 0.010 for it to appear.
Alternatively, you can upload your own black background or use another background.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll try that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.