My overlays are working correctly

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 5.13.06 PM
I can’t figure out why my overlays aren’t showing up, there is no errors for them either so can someone please help me :pleading_face:

1 Like

Are you putting them in different zones?

1 Like

It should be opacity 1 instead of a percentage

Opacity can be between 1-0
1 being fully opaque
0 being invisible

1 Like

Your opacity for the overlays POISONED and MINDS shouldn’t be 100%.

@/overlay POISONED opacity 1 in 4
@/overlay MINDS opacity 1 in 4

Try not to name your overlay after your character, the system will not recognize it as an overlay. So you should rename that overlay.
Given by your script above, I don’t see you creating a BLACK overlay.
And you did not include the scaling and layering of the overlays.

So, maybe you can reorganize your overlays in this way:
&overlay OVERLAYNAME create
&overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 or 0 in S
&overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to X Y in zone #
&overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to S S
&overlay OVERLAYNAME moves to layer #

1 Like

ok, overlays that I have used before work with percent signs so i figured that wasn’t the issue

From what I know you can use either percentage or numbers for opacity. Did you forgot too add the zone? Also I’m pretty sure you’ll have to shift and scale them.

&overlay OVERLAYNAME create
&overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in 4
&overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 0
@overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to 1.000 1.000

Have you forgot to create the overlay BLACK or have you created it before? And last thing, you should avoid naming overlays with the same name of characters.

1 Like

Hmm okay, if that works, because you were using opacity 1 and 0 for the overlay BLACK and AVRIL TITLE, so I thought it would be better to be consistent to put 1 or 0 for the rest of the overlays.
Maybe you can format those overlays like I said above in that way with scales and layering to see if your overlays do showed up after that?
And rename that overlay “AVRIL TITLE” because you can’t name your overlay after your character.

1 Like

I renamed and reorganized all of the overlays and the only one that showed up was the BLACK overlay so i filled out a ticket to see if they could help me because i did all the suggestions from on here already and none of them were working. Thank you so much for the help though!

Just so everyone know I fixed it and got the overlays working! thank you to anyone who was willing to help me!