My Spotlight story - MC: Osaka Across Time

I know there are a few mythical unicorns out there who like (or will at least read) Spotlight stories. :unicorn:

I used Spotlight for my Missed Connection contest entry. If it’s a style you like, you might check out my story. It’s written kind of like a visual novel with an emphasis on description and prose over direction.

Title: MC: Osaka Across Time
Genre: Romance, Fantasy
Style: Limelight (Spotlight)
Episodes: 3 (ongoing)
Description: Nia’s living in Japan when she connects with another passenger on a delayed train. But it’ll be hard reconnecting later—seeing as he’s from the future. CC, LL, LGBTQ+
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6383884862291968
Cover:
osaka

It has an ace MC and two LIs, one male and one female. Choices matter, and there are multiple branches and endings. I like to think it makes good use of the Spotlight style–it would be a completely different story in cinematic/full display. I had to categorize it as a Romance for the contest, but if I’m honest, it’s a Fantasy/SF first with romance woven in.

I hope that it can find its audience. Thanks for entertaining my self-promo!

3 Likes

r4r?? :slight_smile:

Story: Blades of Desire

Author: Giselle C.

Genre: Mystery/Horror/Drama/Romance

Description: He loves you, he wants you, & he must have you. He will stop at nothing to make sure you’re his, even if it means killing anyone who comes in his way. But, do you love him?

Features: Advanced directing, non-cliche plot line, choices matter, FULL character customization, unique and big closet, POC and LGBTQ characters, LGBTQ option, mini games.

Episodes: 4

Covers:

Blades_of_Desire_posterThumb_J1kh4mLA0x

Blades_of_Desire_posterImage_heaCSCtYK6

Link:

1 Like

Sure! I’m always happy to read stories with an element of mystery or horror. I’ll DM you a screenshot when I’ve read.

1 Like

great! Ill do the same

Looks interesting! I would be interested in a read for read if you’re interested :heart:
Story: Sorry, Wrong Number
Summary: “And that’s how we’ll get rid of the body. Sorry, wrong number.”
When a text is sent to the wrong person, it leads to a race against time to prevent a murder. TEXT BASED
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5933958626344960

1 Like

Sure! That sounds really unique. I’ll read and then DM you.

1 Like

Hey, loving your story. I like how near every decision has consequences. I commented on your story in the app, and the choice I mentioned is one of the funniest scenes!

1 Like

Thanks! I saw your comment. I’m glad that scene amused you! I worried maybe it was too awkward, but it seemed like a valid worry for him to have in the moment. :laughing:

I’m reading yours too!

1 Like

Kudos, and thanks!

1 Like

sounds fun! r4r?

Title: Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane
Author: Marshmallow O.
Genre: Mystery, Romance, Comedy
Summary: Time is running out as you and your friends try to escape the mysterious sleepover that you were invited to… Read to uncover the Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane.
Chapters: 4 (More to come)
Style: Limelight

Create your own characters and Choices Matter!:blush:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6250660385652736
Shortened Link: https://bit.ly/2FHhOMS

1 Like

hey there! i just finshhed the first 3 episodes and i really liked it! this is the first spotlight story i’ve read all the way through! i usually don’t read these because i’m not a fan of all the narration but i really liked this one! it kept me interested! i liked the choices a lot (o btw, don’t wanna spoil anything but kei… lmao). i liked the episode length, it wasn’t toooooo long and it wasn’t short so thanks for that. but, idk if this is an episode glitch or if this happened on your end, but for some reason, in the first episode i believe, all the way up until the scene when nia was talking to ezra she was completely naked… and then miho has no top on in the grocery store… lmao this probably is just a glitch on episodes part, but i just thought you should know! overall i really liked your story! :grin::grin:

don’t forget to read mine if you haven’t already! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve read the first episode of yours, but then I had class, so I have to save the rest for tonight. :wink: I’m up to the part where they’ve all agree to look for Kaia.

And thanks for letting me know about the glitch! I think that’s on Episode’s part. Sometimes it will fix itself if you exit and reboot, but other times everyone just stays naked. It can make for some very awkward scenes for sure!

1 Like

I’m all caught up and really enjoying it! I have NO idea yet who the Host is, which is exciting. I also really like how you mix humor in with the more serious mystery… and GiGi’s hatred of flashbacks. :laughing:

1 Like

thank you! i’m glad you liked it!

1 Like