My story isn't showing up on my Episode Create on mobile

Hi!
So, I’m working on something and I’m not able to view it on the My Stories section on Episode. I can when I send the link to myself, but it comes up in the Friend’s Stories section.
Is there a way to fix this, or to change this??

2 Likes

That’s probably because your story has an error. If it does, Episode won’t let you preview it.

1 Like

This is an error I’ve encountered too. Sometimes you need to fill up 3 episodes worth of code, and sometimes you need to wait until all your backgrounds and overlays used in the story not showing up are approved, and sometimes it’s some other unknown reason. Until it shows up, and it’s worth a shot trying out the few techniques stated above, I’d just continue to use the friend link, because that’s really all you can do. You can try submitting a ticket to Episode Support, but I honestly don’t think they’ll be of much assistance.

2 Likes

thank you x
I’ve got other stories where there were/are errors in the first episode which I could preview, but I’ll try the other ways, too!

2 Likes

Best of luck! I know how frustrating it can be not being able to access your own story via the app, so I hope it shows up soon :blush:

1 Like

This was really helpful because I experience the same problem too! For me, in the writers portal, I copy the link for the story/episode and send it to my phone. Then on my phone, I click the link, it should direct you to “read after installing episode” page. Click on that button and Episode would load and your story should play.

One disadvantage of that is if you’re not logged in to the account/email address as your computer’s portal one (eg: you’re logged in abc@gmail.com for episode app, but wxy@gmail.com for writer’s portal) , they view the story as someone else’s, which means if you have gem choices, they’d charge you of gems too. So you can’t see how your gem choices turn out there. Hope that’s understandable XD

Yes, it’s completely understandable, and I’ve encountered the same issue before when beta testing a friend’s story. My suggestion for that would be to change the gem choice to a normal choice temporarily, test the gem outcome, then turn it back into a gem choice when you’re finished. That way you’re not charged for your own story :blush:

1 Like

Good idea :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.