My story keeps crashing in the app

Every time I try to review my story on Episode, it loads less than half way then it crashes and turns off. This is happening to this particular story only. All the other stories on the app are working fine, and the stories I have created in the past are also working fine. It’s this one story that keeps crashing.

I thought it had something to do with errors in the script, but the problem is that I don’t have any errors in the script. Everything’s fine on the portal.

I’ve submitted a ticket and they told me to do the following:

I’ve tried all of these but it still hasn’t worked. Anyone have any idea on what I should do?

1 Like

I had the same issue, and since they suggested me to do the above things and nothing worked, I asked them to reset my story progress. You will have to provide a date when you think it worked fine and then they can reset your game to that date. This also means that you will lose the progress on the stories that you read between the two dates, but it resolved my issue.

3 Likes

Do you think I’m better off copying and pasting my script and making a new one?

1 Like

Hm, that actually might work, but I guess your story is unpublished then, right? Mine was not and I was about to update when this happened, so I would have been pretty frustrated if I had had to continue it in a new story :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sometimes I’ve had my story crash halfway through and even though things are fine in the portal and there are no errors, there actually have been errors where I’ve spelt a characters name wrong within a string of coding or something. Not saying that’s the case for you, but I had no errors showing in my portal and it worked on the previewer, yet crashed every time in the app.

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

2 Likes

Ok I think I’m either going to use @Annieways method or just copy and paste my whole script into a new story.

@Sydney_H can you close this please?

1 Like

Reply to the ticket letting the agent know that none of that has worked. They would be more than happy to continue troubleshooting with you.

Clos s at request of the thread op :yay: