My story keeps saying there's a error

I’m creating a story but for some reason it keeps saying it expects a scene or character change. I really want to make this story but I need help! Pls give some feedback and advice.

that means that there is an error in your script, so copy and paste your script to this chat.

1 Like

Show a picture of your script!

1 Like

Screenshot your script and we’ll figure out what’s wrong!

1 Like
1 Like

1. Narrator needs to be CAPITALIZED.
  2. u need to place your character in the scene, so remove the animation with the brackets, and add.

Example: @CHARACTER stands screen center AND CHARACTER faces right

It’s going to be: @RAYLA stands screen center AND RAYLA faces right

then add your character name with the animation in brackets. @EllyAus234

1 Like

Write NARRATOR in all caps

1 Like

I’ll write if this works!! THX

Did it work? :blush:

1 Like

When Rayla starts talking, is she talking to herself, someone else, or to the reader?

1 Like

I did what you said but nothings working!!

She like the host of the contest

Okay

1 Like

Try @RAYLA stands screen center and RAYLA faces right.

Type RAYLA in CAPITALS

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this sounds like a coding issue. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Whenever you write the @ command for a character you are supposed to repeat the characters name in all CAPS. So it would be:
@RAYLA stands screen center AND RAYLA faces right
Concluding what @Tay11 said. :blush:

For your narrator thing I think it’s giving you an error because your dialouge after the Narrator is lined up with it.
Try something like this:

If you look at my Narrator you see my lines are not exactly lined up with the word Narrator.
idk how to really word it. But let me know if you need more clarification!

I’d say watch @JosephEvans’s youtube tutorials first so you can understand everything.