My Unpopular Opinion

I’m sure some people are going to think this is harsh, & my intention is not to offend anyone, but I’ve decided that I will only read Stories that are Fully Released from now on.

I’ve been burned too, too many times by falling in love with a story only to find out that it hasn’t been updates for over a year or abandoned altogether… I even appreciate when an author will add notes when to expect their next chapter or give a reason for delays, but to just drop it feels like a trust is broken. Honestly, I totally get that Real Life Happens, but if Writers aren’t invested in their own work, why should I be?

My one exception is IF I’m familiar with an author’s works & know for a fact that they do indeed update on a regular basis, I will put it into my Favorites to “stockpile” episodes & then read it. I hate to lose the momentum & continuity especially when a story is well-written & intriguing.

We’ve put in Requests months ago to add “ Fully Released” as a viable term when Searching for Stories, but nothing was ever done to add that feature.

And, to all those new authors that want to know how to get more reads or improve their stories, one way is to stay connected with your audience & let your readers know your intended update schedule or delays!

But please Finish your stories or Man Up & put Discontiinued in the description. I respect that much more, than no ending at all. JMHO

3 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unpopular opinions about episode stories!