My unpublished story doesn't show the same thing as the Portal?

It’s so weird I don’t even know how to explain it??? Like in the writer’s portal everything is fine, animations and character placement and outfits are as coded but when I want to play my story in the app it is nothing like I’ve coded it, there’s zooms where I haven’t put them, characters have other hairstyles and outfits while in the writer’s portal everything is fine so I really don’t know which one to believe and I’m scared to publish my story now!

2 Likes

Yeah that happens, that’s why you always doublecheck on your mobile because the portal could show a whole different story. Also don’t be scared, the zooms are probably there because you forgot to reset it in the last scene. The only thing the portal could really help with is the placement of speechbubbles and spot directing.

2 Likes

But that the thing, in the writer’s portal it shows alright but on the app it’s all messed up for no reason. It begins with a zoom I didn’t even put there and the main character’s appearance isn’t his default appearance when I’ve coded for him to change hairstyle and outfit in another scene but not the first one.

1 Like

Well it’s either a bug or something but girl, Idk :woman_shrugging:t4: why but you always double check on mobile because the portals looks fine but in reality the episode is gonna be messed up.

1 Like

Make sure you click the “reset story progress” button, or “update script” if you’re trying to work on directing and need it updating without clearing your past choices.

If you are at, let’s say the end of your episode, and choose to go back to view it from the beginning, or skip from scene to scene, the app will only remember the last codes that were used. That includes zooms and outfits.

What I recommend doing is once you think your episode is ready to go, go all the way back to episode 1, reset all your story progress and then read through. That way everything will play out exactly how you have it in your script.

I hope that makes sense :thinking:

1 Like

Something like that doesn’t happen. Click reset as suggested.

But if that doesn’t help, then you probably did something wrong :woman_shrugging:t4: