Mystery / Thriller / Horror story that takes place in Japan

Hello everyone!

I’m currently brainstorming a story that I eventually want to upload onto episode. My idea is to write a mystery, thriller and/or horror story that takes place in modern Japan, perhaps it could mainly take place in a small village. I’m thinking of packing this story with Japanese folklore, such as yokai and curses while blending them in with the modern world. The main genre of this story would definitely be mystery and thriller, I am still unsure wether I should include romance or not.

This topic is very interesting to me which sparked this idea in the first place. I haven’t written anything yet since I’m still in the early stages of research and gathering ideas. However, based on this loose idea, would anyone be interested in reading something like this?

Feel free to comment any ideas, it could help me a lot!

P.S this would be my first story on episode.

6 Likes

This is such a cool idea, and also original, its smth i would definitely read!
I would suggest you do add romance, even if its not the forefront of the story, it adds realism and depth to a story in my opinion!

1 Like

Ooooh if it’s genuine and well researched, yes 1000% :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Thank you for giving your honest opinion! I’ll definitely consider adding romance into it

1 Like

I shall do my best!

1 Like

Absolutely! I love this idea, it really has a lot of potential!

1 Like

I’d be super interested in this! It’s a very unique idea and episode could definitely use not just the representation, but that interesting plot. And a good story doesn’t always include romance, so do what feels appropriate

2 Likes

That’s cool! I love mystery so I like it. I at first thought this was a read for read thread and I was like ‘ooh that sounds cool’. So yeah, I’d read it. It’s up to you whether to add romance or not. For my mystery story, I don’t have a lot of romance in mine (only a bit between two minor characters). If you want to focus more on the mystery, you can have romance but you don’t have to include it so much.

1 Like

I love mystery, thriller, and horror stories, unfortunately, every story I find in episode at these genres is either romance (some writers just add their stories to the wrong genre…tsk tsk tsk) or very old… so if you write it, send me a dm to read it, or if you know any good story of those genres text me the name

3 Likes

Thank you for your genuine interest!

1 Like

I admit I found it odd that there aren’t many stories that are set in Asia on episode, so I thought I’d make one myself! I’m glad you would be interested, even if it weren’t to include romance

2 Likes

Haha sorry for the false hope, though I assure you that this story should be able to come out before the end of this year! And thank you for giving your opinion on the romance aspect

1 Like

I completely understand that struggle as a fan of the mystery/thriller/horror genres :sob: This story should be able to be published before this year ends, but in the meantime, I’ll take a lookout for some good stories in those genres and I’ll make sure to dm you if anything is found!

1 Like

@lisaaudrey I think it sounds like a spectacular idea. Please do it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My current story is a mystery, so I’m quite in love with this idea. Good luck!

1 Like

You’re welcome :blush:

1 Like

this would definetely be an interesting read. although personally, i wouldn’t add romance to this. the plot already seems interesting enough, and it’s hard to find stories without romance.

though this is isn’t objectively the right opinion, of course. if there already is a character that feels natural to make the li, by all means, do so.

3 Likes

Thank you for your support!! I would love to read your story as well, is it already published?

I appreciate your input! I am debating wether it’s best to add romance or not, but for now it seems to be leaning towards none since adding romance might not be very relevant or important to the plot. So I agree with you on that part.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.