Nae’s Help Thread ✨(Tutorials, Guides, Etc)

A long time ago I made a thread like this but it was closed so why not make a new one :tipping_hand_woman:t4:

This thread is to help you out with anything I’m experienced in such as:

• Art piece assistance (Ideas, references, aesthetics, poses, etc)

• Art Shop set up and form creating (I’ll basically help guide you throughout the process and I can make the entire post so that all you have to do it copy and paste it)

• Watermark and banner creation

• Help representing stress, anxiety, etc (I have first hand experience with this)

• Any questions you have in general

I’ll also be providing tips every now and then. Though this thread isn’t as nicely set up as I’d like it to be I’m still adding things in. Feel free to ask me whatever. I’m pretty active too :purple_heart::sparkles:

50 Likes

Today’s tips will be a little about art shop set ups, drawing errors, and requesting :sparkles:

𝔸𝕣𝕥 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕤

Size: I recommend not having over 8 members if they all do pretty much the same thing. It’ll make it harder for some to get noticed. Of course if everyone is doing something different then that’s completely fine.

Forms: You have to make these noticeable! People can’t request if they can’t find the form. Another thing is you should always have some kind of form. If you just put your examples up and say you’re taking requests the requestor might leave information out or be confused on how to request.

Communication: Don’t be afraid to ask people questions about their request or talk to people in your art group. If you notice someone in your group isn’t active much then try and reach out to them.

Breaks: Never be afraid to step away from art if you need to. You take time out of your life to help others out so it’s important you care for yourself first.

𝔻𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔼𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕣𝕤

That One Dot/Line: If you’ve been drawing for a while I’m sure you’ve run into that one dot or line. You have to sort through all your layers to erase it and it’s annoying. There’s not an exact way to avoid this but just be mindful and pay attention to details.

Slippery Fingers: If you use IbisPaint X or any drawing app really I’m sure you’ve accidentally pressed a button that could ruin the entire piece. My demise was often caused by how close these two evil buttons are :woman_facepalming:t4:

Once again try to pay attention. Moving too fast could cause you to ruin a three hour long piece.

References: Use them, try out something new. I switched apps and techniques a while ago and I’m still learning. You’ll eventually branch off and find what works for you.

ℝ𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘

Don’t

• Request the same thing from 2 or more people because you “want to get a faster reply” or “ like all of their examples.”

• Ask for “something like this” and leaving someone else’s art as a reference without crediting who made the reference. I personally hate when people reference my art without crediting me because they’re reuploaded my work without my permission.

• Ask if a shop is open. 9 times out of 10 it’ll say so in the title of the shop. If the shop hasn’t had a reply in over two months they’re most likely closed.

• Ask for a super complex pose without leaving a reference. People can recreate things better if they have a visual.

• Leave a photo of your characters idle instead of leaving their details. Artists who draw in Episode style need to know the exact way to recreate the character.

• Leave a super short deadline and expect quality work. It’s rude to rush people when we all have lives to tend to. Also saying “whenever you finish/can get to it” under the deadline question isn’t helpful. Especially since you’ll check back in and the artist might not have even started. An estimate is extremely helpful. Getting upset because they’re busy or pushing them to draw in a style they aren’t comfortable with is unacceptable. If you request a 3+ drawn character piece expect a wait.

• Leave a lot of gaps in info. As a requestor you have to be specific. Don’t make the artist decide 50% of your request.

• Request 3+ things at a time. It’s selfish to do so since you’re using up all of their time and taking away from other potential requestor s. If it’s something small like banners that’s fine but if it’s art scenes or profile pictures that’s just nuts.

Do

• Read all the rules and fill out the form completely. Follow all rules and definitely leave a reasonable deadline.

• Ask the artists capabilities and answer their questions as clearly as possible. See if they’re taking requests first.

• Ask how to credit them & thank them for their time.

• Reread your request before posting it to fix any errors.

• Talk about concerns you have regarding your request with the artist

I know this is a lot but it’s important to know :purple_heart::sparkles:

12 Likes

I’ve got three ideas for today but which should I put up first?

• Banners + Watermarks
  • Layering
  • Managing multiple requests

0 voters

3 Likes

Bump :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I’ll post on managing multiple requests in an hour or so.

4 Likes

:sparkles: 𝕄𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕄𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕚𝕡𝕝𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕤 :sparkles:

• Bookmarking: It’s always smart to bookmark requests regardless of the quantity. It helps you be able to go back to specific posts faster and easier.
How To Bookmark

Under all posts you should see these three dots.

Once you press them you should see this little bookmark symbol.

Upon pressing it you should see that you can set reminders, this is good for remembering deadlines.

Once your done with that if you click on your profile picture in the top right corner of your screen you’ll see the same bookmark icon and all of your bookmarks should be visible. To see more just press the bar at the bottom :two_hearts:

• Deadlines: I always ask for an estimate of when people need it by. It’s hard to have multiple requests and worry about getting everyone’s done in an appropriate time. If you have a request due in a week and another in four days you’ll know which one to get going on. If someone says “Whenever you can get it done by” you should still ask for an estimate since if you’re busy you’ll probably keep pushing it off and that might upset them.

• Declining Requests/Temporally Closing: You should never be afraid to do so. If you’re stressed, busy, unmotivated, etc don’t force yourself to do it. If you want to I can make cards for people so that it’s easier to do. It’ll be something like “I’m currently unmotivated and a little stressed. I need to take a break from art/I apologize but I can no longer do your requests.” Your health and well-being is above requests. You take time to help others out, why not take time for yourself.

:purple_heart::sparkles: I’ll add to this. As usual if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

10 Likes

I think I’m going to do a really crappy hair and eye tutorial :joy:

3 Likes

:joy: I bet it’ll be amazing lol

3 Likes

I suck at explaining things but I’ll try :joy::two_hearts:

3 Likes

:joy: Ik the feeling

3 Likes

Well I’ll post the tutorials tomorrow but today I’ll be volunteering to help people set up their art shops :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for helping! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Bump :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

No prob :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Bump :two_hearts: Oh god, it’s tutorial day :woman_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

Ik I’m late :woman_facepalming:t4: Which tutorial should I do first?

• Hair
  • Eye
  • Shading
  • Clothing

0 voters

4 Likes

I’ll bump this when I wake up. For now the voting will be open so more people can choose :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Bumpity bump :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Bump :sparkles: I decided to redo the poll.

Which should I do a tutorial on first?

• Eyes (Outlining)
  • Eyes (Coloring)
  • Hair
  • Shading
  • Lips
  • Clothing
  • Other (Comment)

0 voters

4 Likes

Once it gets around 8 votes I think I’ll start making the tutorial :sparkles:

4 Likes