Nae’s Help Thread ✨(Tutorials, Guides, Etc)

Take your time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Bump :partying_face:

2 Likes

Bump! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Bummmmpppp

1 Like

I’m still doing the lip and eye tutorials. I’ll start them in a few :sparkles:

1 Like

𝕃𝕚𝕡 𝕋𝕦𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝: The photos related to each step will be above said step :sparkles:

Starting off you’ll want to put the layer you’re drawing on above the base and below the layer you use for color references as shown above.

Since I don’t completely outline lips just outline the part of the lips. Throughout the entire tutorial I’ll be using Dip Pen (Soft). Make sure the part (or if you choose to outline the entire lips) is the darkest shade you use. If the outline is too light it’ll make the rest look weird.

Create a layer underneath the outline and draw the top lip with the color you want to use. Since I’m using regular episode colors I’m just eye dropping the shade I want to use.

Create a layer underneath that and draw the bottom lip with the color you want to use.

Merge the top and bottom lips layers, not the outline layer and add a layer above that. Press the clipping button. It should look like what’s shown in the photo.

Using a darker color start shading the lips. The color shouldn’t be the same as the outline or darker. I use Gaussian Blur and mess around with it until I find the result I like.

Merge your shading layer and add a layer above that. You can change the layer setting to add it you’d like and just lighten up certain areas of the lips with one of the Airbrush brushes. Create another clipped layer and using a darker shade you can make the lighter areas look less intense.

Here’s what I have when I’m done. The highlights could be better but since I’m not doing an actual art piece it’s okay :two_hearts:

Let me know if you have any questions :sparkles: I’ll do the eyes soon.

15 Likes

Bump! :pleading_face:

1 Like

Bump :two_hearts: I tried to find another style of eyes for a tutorial but they all look exactly the same :joy:

2 Likes

Um, can you have a tutorial on filters or like what color filters to use and what effects they best give off? I’ve wanted to try experimenting with different ones but I have no clue what any of them means? And I’ve noticed people making their art so vibrant and beautiful with them. Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

I’m not really experienced in a lot of those since most of the time I use the filters on PicsArt instead of the ones on IbisPaint X and even then they’re mostly glitch effects. If you’re talking about shadow and light effects that’s something I do play around with often. I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking about.

1 Like

I’m talking generally about shadows and light effects.

1 Like

Like a character with light reflecting on one side of their body?

1 Like

Sorta. But I’d appreciate a class on that as well.

1 Like

Do you have a reference of what you’re referring to? I’m a little confused.

Bump

Bump :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Bump :two_hearts:

1 Like

Bump

hey nae could u write the brushes you use for shading…
i´m just confused cause i can´t seem to get on well withe the airbrush :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I use Dip Pen Hard and I use Gaussian Blur, then I’ll use one of the Airbrushes. Not everyone shades the way I do so just test out the brushes to see which works best for you :sparkles:

3 Likes