Nae’s Help Thread ✨(Tutorials, Guides, Etc)

Oh, I was looking at the wrong one, thanks!

1 Like

Actually that might not be the right one since I think it would’ve been closed if so :woman_facepalming:t4: I always confuse the hell out of myself.

1 Like

Haha, it’s fine! :joy:

1 Like

I believe someone messaged me in regards to this thread but when I go to click on it it says it’s not available. If that was you feel free to message me again :sparkles:

𝕆𝕦𝕥𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

A few basic things you need to do:

• Make sure stabilizer is on and all the way up
  • Make sure the brush you’re using is the correct size. I like to make my lines thicker but it’s all about preference.
  • Double check that you aren’t outlining on the same layer as your base pose.

𝔽𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕤

Overall when outlining faces I only draw 2-3 lines. The main goal is to get a nice face shape without it looking lumpy or extremely sharp. When drawing make sure you’re using long quick strokes to get a better line look.

The first line I usually draw is the bottom of the chin. When doing this curve the line upward a little so when you draw the rest it connects.

From there you can just draw the other line to connect to it and just draw the rest. If it looks bumpy use the eraser to smooth it out a little.

That’s the best way I can explain it. Let me know if you want me to go over something more in detail or if you have any questions :sparkles:

𝔼𝕪𝕖𝕤

I use Dip Pen (Soft) or Dip Pen (Hard) for eyes and other facial features but once again that’s up to preference. You can layer things separately if you’re afraid you’ll mess up. If you want shaper features you can change the shape of the fade to Linear. That’s located in the shape place as the stabilizer :two_hearts:

This is basically where I’m talking about.

First I draw the top part of the eye and curve it towards where I would draw the bottom.

Next you’ll make the brush smaller (if you want) and draw the bottom. I draw it so it nearly connects with the top but not completely. I make the length of the start of my brush 40 when I do this and change it back afterwards. That’s also located where stabilizer is.

Then I draw the eyelashes and such. This was done in like 5 seconds and I’m going through art block so apologies for the bad examples :woozy_face:

I noticed the eye was a bit small so I merged those layers together and increased it to fit better. Don’t worry about getting it perfect, I undo every five seconds :sparkles:

ℕ𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕤

I used the Linear brush setting for this. You can draw the nose black or in the skin tone it shows on your reference. Make your brush smaller or as big as you want it. Noses are pretty simple, just don’t make them too pointy.

I know this doesn’t count as a tutorial since I didn’t really teach anything for noses. My bad :woman_facepalming:t4: I don’t really know what to say.

I’ll do an updated eye coloring tutorial soon and maybe something on poses again :sparkles:

7 Likes

Hi, can you tell me what is the best app for removing backgrounds, please?

1 Like

You can either go on a drawing app and use the eraser or use Magic Eraser. I don’t use Magic Eraser much anymore though :sparkles:

1 Like

Cool!
Thanks, girl!

1 Like

Bump :sparkles:

𝔼𝕪𝕖 𝔻𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕦𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝

Start off on a layer below your eye outline.

I use Felt Tip Pen (Soft) and whatever base color I want to start off. Just draw circle however big you want and draw your pupil. I chose to draw the pupil and base on the same layer but you don’t have to.

Clip a layer to your base and change the color your using to a darker version of your base. Using an Airbrush go over your base in an arch like shape curving towards the bottom of the eye but not completely going over it. Keep doing that changing to darker shades as you go and making your arch smaller towards the top. It should look similar to this.

From there you add and clip another layer. Use a brighter version of you base and in an upwards arch go along the bottom part of the eye. If you feel it’s too bright you can lower the layer opacity or blur it :sparkles: Using Felt Tip Pen (Soft) I change to a shade of white and I lower the brush opacity to around 30 and add a dot at the top left part of the eye. You can add it to the right instead if you want or be more decorative but this is a pretty basic eye for me.

5 Likes

Also let me know if you have anymore ideas for tutorials :sparkles: If I can’t come up with any ideas I might just do pose/edit related things.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve done this before but skin shading please :pleading_face::point_right::point_left:

1 Like

I haven’t :sparkles: I’ll see what I can do

1 Like

Bump :sparkles: