Nae’s Help Thread ✨(Tutorials, Guides, Etc)

No, i just need lip highlights and stuff

1 Like

like these…Inkedf31407a015eb7ffd1c759d53fcd83cc064a68ee9_2_500x500_LI Hope this was clear enough plus using lighter colors with airbrush to bring out the way the light hits the lips

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re asking :sweat_smile:

For highlighting you just need to create a new layer and change the setting to Add. I just drew it the best I can and if it’s not bright enough you can change to a slightly brighter color and go over the highlight with airbrush. For highlights just use a smaller sized brush and whatever brush works for you. I hope that’s what you were asking because I have no idea.

2 Likes

Bump! :blob_sun: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Bump. Tutorial ideas? :sparkles:

1 Like

Bump

Bump :sparkles:

Clothing Shading Tutorial?
  • Yes!
  • No
  • Maybe something else (comment)

0 voters

1 Like

When I put the option “something else” that means you can comment down suggestions. I have no idea what else to do :skull:

ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕦𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝

Brushes

The size and opacity can be changed to meet your own preferences. This is just how I usually have mine :sparkles:

I also used Airbrush (Triangle) :sparkles:

Layer Setup

Layer Sandwich is what I’m gonna call this. (Don’t roast me :skull:) I was already halfway through shading when I made this which is why the layers already have things on them.

The layer at the bottom in the more blue tone is the base layer. This layer is the one I’m clipping to and the one I’ll end up merging everything on.

The one above that is the first shading layer. The top layer in the pink is a slightly darker layer to smooth out the original shading. If you want to add lighting effects you can create a layer with the Add setting for that.

Clothing Shading Tutorial

I put the pictures first then the steps.

——————-——————-———————-
Step 1:

I used Airbrush (Particle) and a layer clipped to the base. I changed the layer setting to Multiply and went around the different parts of the top. If this ends up being too dark/visible go ahead and lower the opacity of the layer a little. My layer had the opacity lowered to 76%, if you don’t think so then we can move onto the next part.

Don’t merge this layer down yet! The next step can make the shading on the current layer setting more prominent so you might want to go back and change the layer opacity :sparkles:

——————-——————-———————-

Step 2:

Create another clipped layer also with the layer set to Multiply. Using Airbrush (Trapezoid 40%) I went over the previous areas with a slightly bigger brush. Now you’ll be able to see if the previous layer looks to harsh/prominent. Change the layers as you please.

You can do this again with a bigger/darker brush until you get the desired look or take my suggestion in the next step.

——————-——————-———————-

Step 3:

Using Airbrush (Triangle) and the same setup as the other layers I go over the edges once again but in a darker shade. Lower the opacity if you choose. You can merge the layers down after this and if you like it like this you don’t have to add lighting/highlights.

——————-——————-———————-
Step 4/Extra Step:

Using the same brush but with the layer set to Add you can use a lighter tone in similar areas to the ones in the picture below :sparkles:

Lower the opacity as you choose. An extra step would be to use Gaussian Blur to smooth it out a little more.

This is my result :sparkles:

If you have questions let me know and I’d love to see other people try this out :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Bump

Bumping!

1 Like

Bump

Bump

1 Like

Bump

bump

1 Like

bump

Hey!
Do you make limelight?

Limelight tutorials?

1 Like

Yeah

Not really. I only really draw in ink so I’m not sure if I’d be much help if I made LL tutorials :sparkles: