Name changing in the script

I have the script name set as YOU and the display name the same but I’m trying to have the character be mentioned by their name, (name change script is in the beginning as you make your character) but I’ve tried everything from (), {}, to @YOU, to just YOU, to even quotations and nothing seems to work I’m gonna cry not gonna lie this is frustrating :woman_facepalming:t4::sob::joy:

[YOU] Use that.

I’ve tried as it still comes up as just YOU even if I’m playing it on my phone to make sure it’s right

Does the display name say YOU? And, did you put the correct code in?

I think I did I have the correct name template for the character in the very beginning but it says first name in the parentheses not YOU could that be the problem? Even then I tried changing it and it didn’t work

Yeah, that’s a possibility.

Is is a huge headache I hope Lucina will reply back to me too. You’ve been so nice thank you.

No problem. If the problem still occurs.

Try using this code. Change NAME into YOU. Or you can change the display name into NAME and that will work as well. At least it should.

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)

1 Like

the scrit doesnt show the name - you have to test it in app.

I know that it wasn’t showing at all.

So you have this:

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (FIRSTNAME)

Change to:

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (YOU)

Whatever is in the ( ) of the naming input should be the display name for your character and to use it in your script, you’d put [ ] around it.

1 Like

Lucina told me early today thank you though

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.