Name custimation! SOLVED

Hey!
When you play a story and you can type in your own characters name, how do you change it so that the player can’t type in a name that any of my characters have?
Like if I want the player to not be able to have any of my charactes names?
Can anyone tell me how you write it in the script? I would really appreciate help!

There might be a thread on this already, I think I read one once but now I can’t find it. This might be confusing and sorry for my bad english lol. :heart:

1 Like

There isn’t a way​:confused: maybe give another customisation after the introduction of all characters :thinking:

There is a way! Just like the conditional where someone leaves it blank and it makes you go back, you can create that yourself like this (I used “Jenna” and “Janelle” as examples; you would insert your own side characters’ names, and you can copy and paste that for as many characters as you need to put):

NARRATOR
So... what's your name?

label first_name_input

input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(NAME)

if (NAME is “”) {
NARRATOR
You’re going to need a name…
goto first_name_input

} elif (NAME is “Jenna”) {
NARRATOR
Sorry! This story already has an important character with that name. Can you try something else?
goto first_name_input

} elif (NAME is “Janelle”) {
NARRATOR
Sorry! This story already has an important character with that name. Can you try something else?
goto first_name_input

} else {
continue
}

2 Likes

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since it involves scripting. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Thank you so much!:blush:

1 Like