Name ideas for my new story?

Hi! I’m currently writing a new story and I can’t for the life of me think of a name :joy:

This is one of my biggest weaknesses. I like to think I’m a pretty decent writer but I cannot ever think of a good name. So does anyone want to help with naming my story?

Story description

My story is about a girl who’s a junior in highschool. She’s a lesbian and she used to live in NYC (where the story begins) where most of the people at her school and all of her friends were open-minded and expecting. She was out to mostly everyone. Her mom was accepting but her dad wasn’t. But then he left. Her mom got promoted and they moved to Texas. She at first was normal and confident but then she started to be bullied and she slowly grew less confident until she couldn’t even get dressed to go to school and she would wear a hoodie and sweatpants everyday. She tried not to be noticed. One day, she meets a person named Kay. Kay is super confident and outgoing. She goes to a different school, though, and lives in the Austin, where people are more accepting than where the MC lives. Kay is bisexual and is a demigirl (she/they pronouns). They introduces the MC to music and the MC realizes she’s good at it, and she loves it. She starts making videos online where she sings her songs about her sexuality. She dresses up, does her makeup, etc. She keeps the videos a secret from everyone but Kay because she doesn’t want the people at school to have another reason to bully her. One of her videos goes viral and the MC is trying to figure out how to deal with the possibility of people from her school seeing it. This is probably going to be a for the DL contest. I am aware it’s not the best fit for the contest, so please don’t comment on that lol.

Thanks to anyone who helps :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hi! Your story sounds very interesting! I do wonder how this will all fit in 1 episode though for the DL Contest. Because I’m pretty sure it was highly recommended or required that the main character adopts his/her secret life in the very first episode. Good luck with it though! But I’d love to help out, here’s my suggestions:

• Screen Face (YouTube)
  • Split Screen “Split” of double or half, and screen because of YouTube. (I suggested this to someone else before, along with a lot more suggestions by others so if they end up using this, just be wary that it could’ve been used)
  • Hidden Colors (Color for LGBTQ+ and Hidden because well duh)

[ill keep adding more right now]

1 Like

Secret song
The hidden me
Off screen
Behind the scenes

^^ Thats all I got.

2 Likes

BEHIND THE SCREENS!

2 Likes

Ohh ya that sounds awesome!! :star_struck: :star_struck:

2 Likes

I don’t know Tiny, that was pretty good :joy: Credit to Tiny for geniousousousousous.

2 Likes

thanks lol :joy:

2 Likes

Ahh those are all such great ideas tysm!

Yeah I think it is going to be pretty difficult to fit this all in one episode aha. I’m thinking of doing a pretty long episode where at the beginning it’s her in New York and saying goodbye to her friends for the first like 5/10 minutes of the story, and then there’s them in the airport and getting to Texas, then the first day, where she dresses and acts super confident but gets bullied immediately, then at the end of the school day she’s upset because she was bullied and that’s when she meets Kay, and she goes home and starts to write songs and whatever, and then it shows the rest of that night and maybe the next morning, and then a timeskip to like a month later when she has her ‘double life’! Just an idea, I still have to work it through a lot haha.

Anyways, thanks for all your suggestions! They’re great :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Omg I love all of those thanks!!!

2 Likes

Okay I really like this!

2 Likes

Or you could include all of what you wanted originally and add flashbacks!

2 Likes

Well, later on it your story, not necessarily in the very first chapter.

1 Like

Ooh I like that idea!

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Ah sorry I wasn’t sure what category to put this in aha. But can you actually close this? I’ve decided on a name :))

1 Like

Okay I really like this one I think I’m going to use it. I’ll credit you! Tysm !!

1 Like

No problem! :smiley: