Naming Character Help!?

Hey, just wondering, so I know how to get the reader to add their name so it is used later in the story. But does anyone know how to display that on the speechbubble instead of having the characters name as YOU or something similar. Thanks!

1 Like

Eek I’m perfect for this! :grin: You just type in coding like this:

input What Is Your Name? | What Is Your Name? | DONE (NAME)

Then, to refer to it later, you do this:

NARRATOR
Oh, so your name is [NAME]?

You have to keep the brackets their for it to work. And to have the speechbubble say the chosen name, you just go to customize characters, go to the character you want them to be able to name, then do this:

And click save. Then it should show up as the players chosen name. If this did not work, please let me know and I could try to help! :grin:

1 Like

Thank You! Will keep you posted!

1 Like

No problem! :smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to change the characters name
e.g
Mystery Person: My name is Alex
Alex: Nice to meet you!

1 Like

You mean like after you know who they are it shows the name on the speechbubble?

Yeah

1 Like

Hmm…No, but it is possible. You have to create an identical character and name them the character’s name, but add a 2 at the end, then go to display name and type in the character’s name that you want to change it to. Then, in th sript use something like this:

1 Like

Okay thank you!

1 Like

No Problem. Tell me if it worked and if it didn’t I will try to make it more clear.

1 Like