Naming characters - What's your process?

For most of the characters, it depends on their ethnicity and what kind of vibe I want the character to have. I don’t know if this makes sense but to me personally different names give off different vibes so I just like to watch those. Baby name websites are also a great place to go looking :joy:

3 Likes

I personally look up a list of names and pick out a few I like and get the meanings and origins of each and make sure I know how to say/spell them before using. Once I have my list of names I look at my character and match the name to what I think my character would like most (little confusing Ik :joy:)

2 Likes

Oooh, no that makes perfect sense! If you don’t mind I’d like your opinion on something as I’m currently looking up names. What do you think about the name Maylea for a girl known to be a free-spirit/full of life/energetic and cheerful? The name ultimately means wildflower and I love the symbolism it has.

2 Likes

That sounds really good actually. Before I even read ur full comment I thought that the name sounds cute and innocent and free

1 Like