Need a phone message screen!

Hey all! I’m a new author in episode-new meaning I’m literally working on my first ever episode. I want to include text messages so I watched a tut by Joseph Evans buuuuut I need a message screen. My f!MC is messaging her mom here. I want a bit of a jazzed up lockscreen and episodelife failed me, sooo, here I am.

I want the message screen to look a bit like this:

So, if you can help me, please do haha!

~Ana

1 Like

follow this copy and paste … !

Texting Format

set format phone text

@EDRIC left

@LOLLY right

EDRIC

The movie starts at 9.

LOLLY

I’m starving!

• Use the command set format phonetext to make your characters have a conversation through text messages.
  • Use @CHARACTER left/right to have that character’s messages on the left or right side of the screen.
  • Just like with regular dialogue, each text box doesn’t appear until you tap the screen.
  • You can have more than 2 characters texting to make a groupchat.
  • Once the text format has been set, no characters will be visible on screen.
  • When you are done using the text format, switch the format back to cinematic (or spotlight if your using spotlight)
    • set format cinematic
    • set format spotlight
1 Like

but change you’re characters .

how do you change the bg tho

that me don’t know :frowning:

1 Like

I can make this a background for you! Is there a specific type of phone you’d like to display the text or do you not have a preference?

Hii, thank you! Um, I’m not really sure what you mean, actually :sweat_smile: could you explain?

haha sorry, I was wondering if you wanted the phone to be like a newer one over an older one, vice versa
though I did make an overlay (and tested it out so it should work) so you can just let me know if you want anything changed (:

phone overlay

(lightened version is just in case the text doesn’t show up as well)

1 Like

Fyi the text does show up when they do the text message format but the only thing that doesn’t show up well is the character’s name, they appear to be a very light grey