Need a Proofreader or Outfit Designer? [CLOSED][Check Link in Bio]

Hello, I can take proofreading or outfit design requests because I know for a fact that there’s a lot of you out there looking for one! All stories welcome (published or non-published)! :smile:

• If you need a proofreader, I can help with literacy and grammar especially if English isn’t your first language. English is my forte and I enjoy writing and reading in my spare time! I will be doing three episodes per story only because my reviews tend to be long and intricate.

• I can also help with majority coding and directing if that is needed.

• Lastly, outfits, if you’d like I can whip those up for you. Examples of my designs will be showcased in my story: Lost In Seoul

You’re welcome to check it out to see if my work is to your liking! :revolving_hearts:
(shameless plug down below lol)

Format requests like this:

• Story Title:
  • Author:
  • Genre:
  • Style:
  • Episodes:
  • Story Description:
  • Cover: optional
  • Story Link:

Currently serving or have served:

1. Diamond’s Keeper by tulipsode
  2. Sincerely, Maylene by Amphia
  3. Breaking Boundaries by Sweetheart23
  4. E.B.I by Maya.epi
  5. Mafia’s Queen Bee by episode_elisastory
  6. Criminal Lover by RoRo1998
My New Story!

Genre: Drama
Story Description: You moved back to Seoul to get closer to your roots, but your seven childhood friends are caught in a world of fame. Will you reach them first or will it consume you too? [LL & CC]
Style: Limelight
Notes:

• I own all my backgrounds and make my own overlays.
  • I make my covers from scratch.
  • There is a point system, but no complex branching because there’s no LI.

Cover:

Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4736189945675776

7 Likes

Uh, can I get some male INK casual outfits?

He has glasses and an ear peice.

1 Like

Sure! Does your character have a set skin tone or is it customizable?
If it’s set, could I get the skin tone?
Lastly is there a preference for the frame of the glasses to be?

Sorry.

His skin color is “Light”, and they’re the black hipster glasses.

It’s no problem! It just helps me color coordinate outfits better.
Also sorry, one last question: What season will these outfits be worn in?

Mostly Fall.

INK Male Fall Casual Outfits:

1. Black White Crewneck Sweater, Violet Faded Jeans, Navy Boat Shoes, Key Necklace
  2. Casual Suit Jacket Grey, Red Plaid with Suspenders, Ripped Punk Pants, White Hipster High Top Sneakers
  3. Teal White Striped Crewneck Sweater, Distressed White Jeans, Neutral Topside Shoes
  4. Denim Jacket, Swoopneck Sleeveless Stripe Grey White, Green Faded Jeans, Ochre Yellow Utility Boots
  5. Tangerine Crewneck Sweater, Ripped Punk Pants, Red Striped Shoes

Remember: Credit me by adding this code into your story: readerMessage Outfits designed by @caroline.lee

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

You’re very welcome! : )

1 Like

Story Title: Sincerely, Maylene
Author: Amphia
Genre: Drama
Episodes: 4 completed (5 is on its way)
Story Description: (I’m not sure if the description is good, or if it makes sense.)
Dear World,
I will end this unfair, cruel system, so that this terrible war ends, bringing a new era of peace and democracy.
Sincerely,
Maylene
(CC, LL, & LGBTQ+ )
Cover: (For some reason I’m unable to upload it here)
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4898101651111936

1 Like

Thank you, I will get started as soon as I can!

1 Like

deleted

1 Like

I totally can do that for you! It may take quite awhile because of all the requests I’ve gotten, you’ll have to be patient with me. But I’m glad to help out! I’ll add you to the list. :grin:

Hi, here is my feedback for Episode 1:

Minor Errors:

• I would lengthen the warning page a bit longer since it was difficult to read quickly. ( I noticed it was later on fixed or maybe I missed it )
  • Add readerMessage after the pause to make it clearer to read.
  • I spotted one of the background characters to have vampire fangs, are they meant to have them?
  • For customization for the MC, have the character zoomed in a bit more so that their facial features are the main focus.
  • Customization for LI can be placed after the choice of picking a gender for the LI. Readers won’t need to spend time picking looks for a character they may not potentially see for the rest of the story.
    • When picking the gender for the LI, don’t forget to put in a ‘No, take me back.’ choice.
  • Looping background is a tad fast for the eyes.

English:

Notes:

• When listing the status of every class, I would take out the word ‘ones’.
    • Example: There are the rich. The influential. The lucky.
  • Each class could be elaborated more, so that the reader have more context to work with. Tip: More writing, the better! It will also enhance the plot!
  • The theme appears old fashioned, so I advise you to use different vocabulary and a different way to structure your sentences.

Bolded sentences are the corrections I’ve made to the original listed down below.

Description:

Dear World,
I will end this unfair, cruel system, so that this terrible war ends, bringing a new era of peace and democracy.
Sincerely,
Maylene
(CC, LL, & LGBTQ+ )

Dear World,
I will end this merciless and unfair hierarchy so that this terrible war ends, bringing us a new era of peace and democracy.
Sincerely,
Maylene
(CC, LL, & LGBTQ + )
[ Don’t worry, I checked the word count : ) ]

Our kingdom is not a united one.
Our kingdom is torn from the thought of unity.

It’s a separated one, filled with injustice and hate.
It’s completely divided, filled with injustice and hatred.

You see, we all live in the same kingdom, however the two classes of masters and slaves live in separate worlds.
You see, we all live in the same kingdom. However, the two classes masters and slaves, live in two different worlds.

My parents were wealthy masters, but I never knew them, since they have died long ago when I was young.
Both my parents were once wealthy masters, but I never grew to know them. They passed away when I was at a young age.

He is like a father to me, and I love him so much.
He is like a father to me and for that, I love him so very much.

And ost importantly…
And most importantly…

Third, you must own at least one slave.
You must own the very least, one slave.

Those are the laws.
Those are the three laws.

They live in horrible conditions, sleeping in tight, cramped spaces, and they barely get any food or water.
They suffer by living in horrible conditions, sleeping in tight, cramped spaces and barely get fed any food or given any water.

It’s all in the laws.
It’s all written in the laws.

Directing:

• When panning a background, try to refrain from stopping or pausing in between. ( it would look more consistent and smoother especially when there’s narration! )
  • Great use of spotting! I’m a bit nit picky with character placement, but a directing tip of mine is to always have characters lined up at eye-level so that would mean scaling background characters unless there is elevation in the background such as a staircase.
    • Background characters walking past should also be at eye-level with the rest to make the scene really realistic.
    • Watch out for layering when doing this.
  • Try to have as many animations as possible. Especially during narration parts, try to have characters occupying themselves with something to engage your readers.
  • Majority outfits really suit the theme! However, some of them seemed more modernized than the rest. If you need outfits, I can definitely design those too for you.

Ways to enhance this Episode:

Directing:

• You can get a little creative and advanced with the spotting by moving them further back into the background. It will make the scene pop too!
  • Adding more non-large role characters will really add emphasis to your story, even if they are just background characters. I, for one, hate creating them, but it holds so much purpose when putting them all together in a scene. ( you do have some, I would add more! )

Writing Tips:

• Since this is the first episode to kick off your story, I suggest you try to hook your readers right away. It’s great that you have a back story and a plot going for you!
    • But only because this is the first episode, attempt to incorporate the back story while characters interact with each other. Readers love when the main character meets/interacts with others and gain information about their past or back story along the way.
  • I love where this story is headed! Although, my only concern is since you have a back story on the hierarchy and society, maybe try focusing on the main character a bit more.
    • It can be slipped in when we experience the lifestyle of the main character.
    • Readers are playing as the MC, so most of the time they expect to experience and relate to the MC in the story!
  • Personally, I write down all of my ideas and brainstorm using Evernote or you could use any note-taking app or even write them down on paper!
  • Then I map out some ideas per episode so that the length of each episode stays somewhat consistent ( the first episode should usually be longer than the rest to captivate an audience )
  • You have this amazing idea and I love the theme, it’s just we need to see the MC more! ( I’m sure the plot will be forming in other episodes, but this is the first and it’s to rack up those readers! )

I hope this helped! :ok_hand: There’s amazing directing and great use of overlays used! I see a lot of potential here! I will start working on Episode 2 on Monday, I can’t wait to read it! :two_hearts: :grin:

You can credit me by adding a readerMessage or a seperate narration for proofreading: Proofreading done by @caroline.lee

1 Like

LL Male Judge Outfit:

Made for: @anu_489

Tops: Embroidered Vest Tie and Suit Jacket Silk Black Magenta & Collared School Jacket Button Up Cotton Neutral Grey Dk
Bottoms: Business Slacks Formal Grey Black & Waiter Apron Cotton Black
Shoes: Penny Loafer Ankle Socks Leather Brown True
Accessories: Thin Rimless Glasses Plastic Brown

Remember: Credit me by adding this code into your story: readerMessage Outfit designed by @caroline.lee

1 Like

Thank you so much! It actually kinda resembles a judge! Wow thank you so much I really appreciate it! :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

No problem! I’m really glad you like it! :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi! Here is your long awaited feedback for Episode 1:

Minor Errors:

• In the lobby scene, MC is layered under the counter overlay.
  • Avoid using any fully black backgrounds with narration. It’s a tiny bit bland.
  • Not many errors here! That’s fantastic! When I proofread other author’s work, I tend to catch a ton of minor errors here and there, but you’re all clear.

English:

Notes:

• I appreciate you using big words! Those are hard to find nowadays, however, there are a vast number of people using this platform that are not fluent in English. I would limit the use of them no matter the urge. Formal language might lose your reader’s attention if they are unable to understand the plot of your story. Use an informal tone of voice and imagine it as if you were holding a day to day conversation with someone else.
  • No grammatical mistakes or misspelled words. Great job!
  • Narration versus dialogue ratio is unbalanced. To elaborate on the ratio further, you have plenty of narration for background information purposes, but a reader usually have a short attention span. They mainly connect with the MC through interactions with other characters, so having more dialogue will certainly help that.

Plot:

• I have no complaints with the overall plot. Although, as the first episode, it is considered short. I would try to lengthen it whether it’s by adding extra scenes or more dialogue.
    • This way, reader’s will ultimately decide if they should continue reading your story or not. Having a longer episode will also solidify your plot rather than a vague synopsis.
  • Plan out events that will lead to the climax beforehand. It’s something an author should do to create a well built story. Since this episode was short, I didn’t gain much valuable information of the present. I got the background information, but I think that could be incorporated in interactions between the MC and other characters rather than just telling us. It’s the ‘show don’t tell’ nonsense we all despise when writing essays, so unfortunately it applies here too.

Bolded sentences are the corrections I’ve made to the original listed down below.

There was rebellion, of course.
Of course, there was a rebellion.

Of course, his daughter Heather was there to take his place.
As the rightful heir, his daughter Heather, was there to take his place.

Directing:

• You have absolutely no directing flaws. This was well done!

Ways to enhance this Episode:

• Here, there could be a lot done to enhance your episode to its full potential!

Directing:

• Your directing has no major errors as far I could spot. Nevertheless, that being said it’s simple and generic.
  • Spotting and scaling were defaults such as screen left, screen center and screen right. Try getting creative with it! Move characters around a bit more and have them walk further into the background to make it appear more realistic.
  • Scale background characters so that they are all lined up at eye-level unless they are elevated, like standing on a staircase, etc.
  • Try finding backgrounds that are not available to everyone, so your story will really stand out! It may be a pain, but trust me, those reads will be coming in soon.
  • Same applies for overlays, add some wherever you can! Your story will give reader’s an impression of advanced directing which I can say in my personal experience, racks up a lot of reads.
  • You have some choices, but add more choices that could affect the point system from the get go. I got excited when I had to memorize clues because this is an interactive platform where choices is the foundation of every story. It benefits readers as a source of enjoyment.

Writing Tips:

• I suggest writing down all your ideas first in Evernote or any note-taking app or even on paper!
    • Then plan out each per episode so that the length of each episode is consistent ( I think this episode could be a bit longer as I’ve stated before just because it’s the first episode that will engage readers to keep reading )
  • Think about the plot and where you think this story is headed. Write out the climax first if you’re experiencing writer’s block, it definitely helps me!

You can credit me by adding a readerMessage or a seperate narration for proofreading: Proofreading done by @caroline.lee

Thank you so much for being patient! I hope this helps you and your story! :relaxed: If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. I’d be glad to answer them! I will start working on your story more often, so I will start the next episode when you’ve made corrections to this one. Thank you again for being so patient with me! :heartbeat:

I’d like a proofreading
Story Title: Mafia’s Queen Bee
Author: Episode Elisa Story
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 3
Story Description: What happens if you make an agreement to a fake engagement with a mafia leader? Is it just money or love for you? CC&4LI (LGBT+) POINT SYSTEM
An amazing closet is waiting for you.
Cover:

Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5300090153664512

1 Like

I’d love to help out w outfits!

1 Like