Need a quick history lesson for a story

So I know that the spanish" oWnEd" most of the west coast when they were colonizing the americas, but who was already living in the west coast before the Spanish came?

2 Likes

native Americans, though, you need to be specific of when and where to know who.

I think you will have better log if you google this than asking people on episode.

Hey! I’m from South America so I can tell you about this. There were already living indigenous people, native americans is a term use for indigenous from USA.
You can find Incas, Onas, Guaraníes, depending the region. If you want more info, let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nowadays we use the term “Pueblos Originarios” in Spanish, “aborigen”, “indigena” or “indio” can be disrespectful since the first two mean they have no origin and the third one is used for people from India.

1 Like

Take into account that where Brasil is, was “owned” by Portugal

1 Like

yeah I was looking on google, but the only things i can find were sources claiming the spanish discovered the west coast of california, and that there were just scattered tribes nearby, no specifics though :frowning:

this was super helpful!! Thank you!

1 Like

Oh you mean west coast, like in California. One time in school, they made me read a story about miwoks. It is in California, you can find information here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miwok

1 Like

The British colonized north America and Portugal and Spain the south, that is why you probably cannot find info about it

1 Like

Yeah my history classes not doin much for me either with this :pensive:

1 Like

I’m eager to help if you need something! Just pm. I love history and I think I had a proper education about it haha

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.