Need a refreshers course in coding!

So I should know but for some reason that part of my brain has gone on holidays! I need scripts for this coding!

I have two detectives interrogating a suspect. I want the reader to have the choice of which detective to start off. So I need to know how to code the choice

Once they have chosen their character then have another choice given to how they will do it, like good cop, bad cop. I guess this is labels and nesting choices?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I always refresh my memory about the proper wording and the capabilities of Donacode with this:

But here’s vaguely how it would look, and excuse the fact that I never watch crime shows and I have absolutely no clue what tactic a detective would use to question a suspect. :joy: It’s just a basic skeleton.

As you said, it’s a choice within a choice and labels. There are multiple ways to do this, I just used labels because it looks a little more clean. You could put the scenes inside of the choices if you’d rather.

NARR
Which detective?
choice
“Officer Brown” {

NARR
And how would you like it?
choice
“Good cop/bad cop”{
goto brown_goodbad
}“Persuasion”{
goto brown_persuasion
}

}“Officer Green”{

NARR
And how would you like it?
choice
“Good cop/bad cop”{
goto green_goodbad
}“Persuasion”{
goto green_persuasion
}

}

label brown_goodbad

##Here, Officer Brown does Good cop bad cop

goto converge

label brown_persuasion

##Here, Officer Brown does Persuasion

goto converge

label green_goodbad

##Here, Officer Green does Good cop bad cop

goto converge

label green_persuasion

##Here, Officer Green does Persuasion

goto converge

label converge

##story continues

4 Likes

Thanks I will try that out!

2 Likes

It was here, the goto converge

1 Like

I think you might need to put something inside where the scene goes for the computer to take it, like:

NARR
Placeholder.

^ Right by where I put the lines with the hashtags. Then you can fill them out afterwards. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.