Need advice on how to promote

Hi everyone!

My story has been out for three months now, it has seven episodes but low readership.

I have tried everything I can think of to promote it.

I’ve promote on here everyday, on my Instagram account, I’ve done almost 50 r4rs, I’ve had it reviewed on here (the forum) and on Instagram.(and all reviews were all positive).

I honestly don’t know what to do anymore to get my story noticed. I really need some advice.

I don’t mean this next comment in a nasty way but please don’t tell me to write for myself. Because If I only wanted to write for myself, I never would have shared the story, I would have kept it to myself.

I’m only looking for advice on what to do to get noticed amongst 100k stories.

Thank you in advance for your help. :slight_smile:

-T

2 Likes

Well all u can do wait usually. :blush: mine dosent have lots reads either.

I know it sucks but that’s how it is. But I’m sure u have more soon just don’t give up

1 Like

Thank you! I won’t give up. I’ll let you know if I figure out what else to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of the time it’s chance that a story gets going, the more reads it has the faster it’ll gain them. It also depends on what your story is about, the majority of episode readers love an interesting cliche. It’s wonderful having people read your story, I understand how you feel about writing for yourself and for others, that’s why we publish our stories most of the time, to share them with others.

Give me your story link, I’ll give it a read! I’m not reading anything atm and need a good story to distract myself.

1 Like

Seven episodes in three months is decent (it’s better than what I’m doing lol), but you’ll find that the stories that trend the best update at least weekly. When you have more episodes (at least ten) and if you can update quickly, you’ll likely find your rank improves quite a bit as your current readers will help push the story higher in the rankings, causing more people to see your story.

2 Likes

Hi. The biggest thing that you need to remember is that this takes patience. A story will never become a sensation over night unless you are a top author on episode with a bunch of featured stories l. When I first started, my first story took about 6 months to really get noticed. But I kept writing and updating, sharing my story and promoting on social media and slowly but surely the read count got better. I’ve been writing on episode for about two years now and sometimes I still struggle to get my read count up. However, it took a lot of patience. I have a very nice amount of reads on my stories now. Most readers like to read lengthy stories; meaning stories with 10+ episodes, and episodes that are 10-20 minutes long. Just keep going and keep inspiring yourself. Use your positive feedback to keep your motivation up and IGNORE the negative feedback that can’t help you as constructive criticism. You WILL get there. It just takes patience.

For now, perhaps I can take a look at your story and see how it looks? Another thing that readers don’t like is poor grammar or spelling mistakes. Would you like me to help you with a review? Perhaps see if there is anything amiss? What is the name of your story?

2 Likes

It seems to be the luck of the draw. I hope it will get noticed soon. I’ll continue to write and publish until its finished.
Thank you for offering to read it
I’ll DM you my link.

Thank you so much for your advice! :slight_smile:

I will try to update more. But with the summer it’s hard because my five year old is home all day.
Maybe once school starts again.

Thank you so much for your advice and your offer to take a look at my story! Any help on the story is always appreciated. Constructive criticisms helps us all improve…

Yes I would love a review! Thank you very kind of you to ask.
I will DM you my story info. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.