Need an honest opinion

Hey guys!
So I’ve been working on my story for quite some time now. I’m fairly a new author, and this is only my second attempt at publishing a story.
I came across a post made by an established author a few days ago, and the plot of the other story is quite similar to mine.
My motivation took a hit because I didn’t think anyone would want to read mine especially when I don’t have the luxury of a dedicated fan base.

I want an honest opinion on whether you’d still be willing to give my story a chance, regardless of the fact that it is quite similar to the other one? Please feel free to be honest, and drop your opinions below.
Thank you! :heart:

Random tags : @Ashley.Cutie @Hailey26 @PurpleRose @amberose @lanafrazer_episode @MelanieyM @Annieways @Baleigh_episode @Gabi.episode @episodes_bylex

6 Likes

Uh duh! I would love to encourage more authors. Doesn’t matter if just one person has the same idea as another one. Just go for it!

1 Like

Hey girl :wave:t3::wink:

Well maybe I’m bias because we are friends and all, but I would still read!

Maybe your plot is similar, but your writing is what makes it unique. You and this other probably have a different voice, ending, and characters in mind. Don’t let this hurt your motivation! Write the story the way you want to, and your readers will be able to see that!

Also, there are so many stories on this app it’s unlikely everyone will even know about this story. Sometimes I come across a “popular” author or story I’ve never even heard of🤷🏼‍♀️

1 Like

aloha!

i think you should definitely proceed, although you may not have a huge fan base at the moment, it can always grow.

Plus, every writer writes differently, so although it may be similar in some aspects, that doesn’t make it the exact same.

Also, there’s like 100 billion of the clithe bad boy stories yet people seem to still love them! - so i think you’re good! As long as it’s interesting, it doesn’t matter if it shares similar ideas with another.

2 Likes

I think most importantly you have to write what your motivated to write. If your passionate about this plot, it’s worth writing. But if this has made you lose all motivation, it might be time to work on something else and come back to this idea a few months down the track. It does just sound like a coincidence and I think most people will get that too, so I don’t think you need to be worried on that end

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about your story. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Thank you! That made me feel a whole lot better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hii!
Honestly, what would I do without you? :slight_smile:
Thank you :hugs:

Yes, I did think of the cliché ones, I just thought since the release dates were pretty close together it would affect mine, but if people are willing to give it a chance then I’d gladly go for it! :grin:

It’s not the writing which has made me lose the motivation, it’s the fact that I wouldn’t get a fair chance to represent my ideas.
Because I was trying to make sure that it was a unique idea and bam, this just hit me in the face. I’m actually really happy and excited about sharing this story. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure it will still be fair and unique in its own way. I dont think you should let this get to you at all. Look at how many stories on the app are already similar anyway. Basically every pregnant by… or werewolf story has the same elements and I think their success depends on how it’s written/directed tbh

1 Like

I’ve been there, about a year ago I had a story idea for a reality show that would have taken place on another planet, and I was working on the story when Lucky published Galactic Game. I gave up writing it, because I was worried that people would think I was copying him, and also because I thought his story was great and I didn’t think I could do better.

But honestly, I could do better than many popular stories, and I’m sure you could, too. Besides, I’m still not sure I made the right decision when I ditched that story, but I had to, because I lost the motivation.
But if you are really passionate about your story, don’t let this discourage you. Almost every idea was written already, so it’s all about the execution. Create interesting characters, add twists, show us your writing style, and it will be unique :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Noooo! Publish that story!! :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Thank you! I think I fixated too much on it being unique so it put me off.
I’m glad you guys are all willing to give it a chance. :heart:
I’ll publish it in 4 days!

2 Likes

I feel like you always come to my rescue, and you seem to relate to many things I’m facing! Thank you. Your opinion is something I really value and I’m glad you shared it with me.
I think I’ll go for it. :slight_smile::heart:

2 Likes

Aww!
Yes I will :slight_smile:

1 Like

write your story anyway, I get it can be a bit hard, I seen a big rise in the kind of story I am working on and wanna publish soon, and are afraid people are gettin bored of the plot line

but you worked for the story, I dont kno what your story is about but dont get discouraged, even if you dont get reads getting them is hard and if that is all you want for writhing episode is not the best place to write, you shall write because you like to write

1 Like

Sweetie keep going if your story is good then it will be read a lot. Just think it’s probably a great idea if other experienced authors are doing it :hugs::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I do, I love writing but I just want the readers to give a fair chance to my story. I don’t want anyone to be turned away by the description cause it’s similar, something like that.

Thank you! I didn’t think of it that way but that was a great boost of positivity! :hugs:

1 Like