Need ANY help? Get help with any questions you have!

Hey forum users! :sparkling_heart:

There are a lot of threads on here that also help with directing and episode coding in general, & it definitely inspired this topic, lol.

A lot of the directing help thread owner’s do not want other forum users to reply to directing questions underneath their topic (which is totally fine!), so I want to create a topic where all forum users can ask questions as “stupid” as you think they may be, and any other forum user who has the answer can reply! (P.S: Your questions are not dumb; everyone started as a beginner before eventually “mastering” coding!)

You might get a faster reply since there are multiple people available to answer your question, instead of having to wait for an answer if a thread owner is offline.

There’s not to much to really say since the title is self-explanatory lmao but yeah- ask away! :grin:

Hey, so i need help with this:
LILI (flirt_fingersnap)
Hay matt
MATT (talk_flirt)
If it isnt my favourite

LILI (laugh_giggle)

MATT (think_loop)
What you been up to?

LILI (talk_shrug)
Not much.
i wrote this, and the error says : “you cant have one character immediately following another”
for the line that says “LILI (laugh_giggle)”.
what should i do?

Instead of putting LILI (laugh_giggle), put:
1. @LILI is laugh_giggle
or
2. @LILI starts laugh_giggle

#1 will make the script pause so she can laugh and then continue on, #2 will make Lili laugh while Matt starts talking

1 Like

Ohhh, thank you v much, it worked.

1 Like

Hey,
I was wondering how did u learn how to do coding on episode i have seen all the coding help that episode have on the portal but i find it very hard to read as i have a very short attention span haha :joy:

Coding definitely is not easy. How I personally learned was looking at the way the directing help scripts that are provided by episode formatted, and I just copied that (they can be confusing sometimes though). That helped me learn the basics of coding. Then I watched youtube videos (Joseph Evans personally helped me A LOT). Lastly, the forums helped me too. 99.9% of the time someone has the answers to what you’re confused on, and you eventually get the hang of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank so much for the advice :heart:

i am writing my episode story and I can’t figure out how to make the character enter?

Lol hey diva. :grin:

You would use the code:
@CHAR enters from left/right to screen center/left/right.

lol heyyy so im writing my episode story and my character is supposed to go on a date but i want readers to have an option to change her hairstyle… how do i do this?

@Dara.Amarie has some templates for this on her linktree. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thx.

Anytime :dizzy:

I need help with the over-the-shoulder coding. It’s not turning out right for me.

How do I make the female the same size as the male? Since this is the over-the-shoulder coding, both characters are supposed to be the same size rather they are rear and not rear.

Sorry I’m just seeing this. :sweat_smile: But I saw that you got the answer to this, sorry again for not answering soon enough. (:

Hi, @Dona_H
Thank you for your help!
How can I make a transition which looks like a clockwise movement of a black background. The Back and Forth story uses such transition among many others. Couldn’t find it in the guide(
Thank you!

Hello! I have a question, please help me if you can! I’ve seen this thing in multiple stories, for example after making a choice. There is a square text bubble appearing at the top of the screen (for example with the following text: “Character_name will remember this” and then it disappears again. How do I do such a thing?

Thank you so very much!

Thank you very much!

Hello! I could really use some help I have been trying to fix this for a while and I can’t figure out what I am doing incorrectly. I don’t understand why the when I try and code an animation for a character that is saying or thinking something. It keeps on coming up with this error asking the name of my character, but that’s not what I am trying to get it to do. Could you please help me? Thank you so much!