Need art advice

IT’S BEAUTIFUL!!! :sob: :heart_eyes: :pleading_face:

1 Like

It’s gorgeous, it totally has a “wow” factor to it :star_struck: I’m an artist, too, and I just cannot understand how you can shade hair so perfectly :sob:
I have two little “tips” if you want (but it looks perfectly fine as it is :wink: ):

1. I don’t think the format matches the episode recommended large cover size ( 966x642px ) :thinking:
  2. maybe the title could be a little lower, so it doesn’t touch the girls face?

All in all, great work! If you ever feel like making a hair tutorial, I would definitely be interested :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much! And thanks for the tips, it’s always appreciated​:heart: Yes, I wish I had lowered the text a little, but I’ve made so many changes to it so I’ll keep it like that for now​:joy::sweat_smile: I used this cover size for the smaller format, so I used a different one for the larger one​:blush:. I’d love to make a little personal tutorial on how I shade hair here on the forums in the nearest future!

1 Like

I don’t know why my emojis weren’t added… weird ):

it looks awesome!!
well i know it gets hard sometimes to like our own art but the key is confidence.
Love yourself first, and confidence enough to be proud of yourself❤

1 Like

It’s absolutely gorgeous, it looks like a commissioned piece and the colours all blend together seamlessly! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Omgomgomg :sob::sob:-
It’s soooo beautifulll!!!

You’re always your own worst critic. It’s beautiful. Looks appropriate. It’s good.

1 Like

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!

2 Likes

It looks beautiful!!

1 Like

Beautiful :sparkles:

1 Like

ok so your color style is good but you need improvement on anatomy. other than that its awesome.

1 Like

Thank you! :blush: could you specify more in detail about what I should improve when it comes to the anatomy?

uhm…its hard to explain but you can compare the anatomy with

The cheekbone is too swollen. eyes too close to the nose specifically to the tip of the nose. they arent looking at each other. the side profile face is too small. thats a normal mistake since it is really scary to make the side profile face bigger. the eye proportion is wrong. and I suggest to add more shadow to define the chin since the bg is dark. I think the girl’s body is to small its cartoonish and the male’s back is… bigger than it should be. You know how to render skin perfectly but the anatomy is all over. I understand its hard. its the natural enemy of artists after all xD Just practice it from time to time and you’ll do good.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! Yes, it’s hard to get the anatomy right, it’s one of the hardest things an artist faces. I wanted to have a little cartoonish touch to the characters, but I def wasn’t happy with the eyes for example. But thanks​:blush::blush:

1 Like

glad to be of help :heart: :heart: :heart:

When you meant that the eyes were placed wrong, did you mean the girl, boy or both? I agree that maybe the guy could have his eye a little further back but that would look wrong since it’s the side profile after all and the eye is placed quite far upfront the face. Her cheek may look a little chubby and not as defined but the reference had similar features and I wanted to embrace it if that makes sense​:joy: and yes, they may look quite cartoonish but it was the style that I was going for and the males back is quite true to the reference. I just wanted to clear that up because we’ve all got differences in our art styles and I’m improving everyday! I appreciate your advice and feedback, it really helps! We’ve all got different perceptions of things when it comes to the art. :heart:

Oh so its a cartoonish artstyle you wanted? Sorry… I didnt realized since you slrendered the skin pretty realistically. If that’s the case then I guess anatomy isnt a problem. Im sorry If I assumed. The way you rendered the color affects the features of everything. In my eyes it gave the illusion of swollen cheeks. Not chubby. Its better to be carefull on rendering then as too much render will give an intense impresion. But I think its ok. Goodluck on your art endeavor then.:heart: