Need Directing Help? This is the Thread for You!

general
coding

Well, yes and no. Yes, because you won’t have to necessarily “code” anything. No, because it will still be written as code. Try it and see for yourself!

@maria.y

Thank you so much for your response. When I write something attempting to follow the format, I keep getting errors. Maybe I’m too old, lol. :slight_smile:

The forums are always opened to help. Feel free to PM me if you need any help or you could come to this thread and ask a question since Maria has many of the answers too :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Dona and Maria. :slight_smile:

Does anyone have a restaurant scrip template please. i am ready having issues with the overlays. Thanks

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by a restaurant script template. :sweat_smile:

a template for a restaurant screen

Like a background with table overlays?

Hi, I’m beginning to write my own story using the Limelight design, and my characters only stay in thought bubbles when I preview the story. Kinda like characters in Choices. How do I get them to physically be in the backgrounds?

Thanks!

Oh, I think you’re using Episode Spotlight. Here’s how you can change it back to cinematic:

set format cinematic

Thanks so much, but it says it’s locked in spotlight. How do I “unlock” it?

Because you chose to use Spotlight when creating your story, I’m not sure if you can change it back. You might have to create a new story.

I don’t remember choosing spotlight, is that an option or did it happen because I selected a main character?

I figured it out! Thanks!!

Glad the problem has been solved. :slight_smile:

Yes M.

Episode already has built-in backgrounds with overlays. Here are a few:

INT. DUTCH CAFE OL - DAY

INT. DUTCH CAFE OL - NIGHT

EXT. OUTDOOR RESTAURANT OL - NIGHT

Hi I have a question how do you make a male and female character hold a gun for ink version?

Thanks