Need Directing Help? This is the Thread for You!

thanks

How do i get my characters in the right position to kiss and not look out of place

I put the male at screen center and female at screen right but there is still space between them.

any ideas pls

I just started learning about the spot helping and i did it right i think, my character looks correct on my phone app, but on my computer while im writing the script, its completely out of porportion. did i do something wrong or is it still going to show up normal when i post the story?

Hello! I could really use some help I have been trying to fix this for a while and I can’t figure out what I am doing incorrectly. I dont understand why the when I try and code an animation for a character that is saying or thinking something. It keeps on coming up with this error asking the name of my character, but thats not what I am trying to get it to do. Could you please help me? Thank you so much!

Yes, put the female at upscreen right. It should make them look closer.

1 Like

Haha, I’m not Dara but I can still try to fix your error! Basically, the NARRATOR character does not have any animations because it’s technically not a character. The Narrator is just a text box that appears when you command it to write text.

Hey J,

The narrator cannot talk with emotion. except you want your character to think

Thanks boo

Hello! I have another question. I was wondering how to set up a hugging scene. One of my characters, the giving “hugger,” is underneath the receiving “hugger.” Just wanted to know how to fix that because it looks a bit odd. :smiley:

Could you describe what it looks like?

I have one of my characters in the (kiss_cheek_receive) animation, and the other in (hug_rear)
Both characters are facing the same direction, right, and the character in the (kiss_cheek_receive) animation is overlapping the (hug_rear) animation if that makes any sense. :smiley:

Try either switching their positions or switching animations. This is only if you’re using basic screen spots (screen left, screen center, etc.). If you’re using spot directing, just move the kiss character to layer 0 and the hug character to layer 1.

I figured it out! Your tips helped as well!

Glad to hear the problem has been solved. :wink:

How do I zoom in and then pan the camera down and then back up?

You’ll have to use the zoom function in either your web previewer or your mobile device. But basically, first do:

@zoom on CHAR to 400% in 3
@zoom on x y to 400% in 3
@zoom on CHAR to 400% in 3

Find the x and y values when you zoom on CHAR. Replace the x and y values with the coordinates of the character’s feet and make sure the x value stays the same.

1 Like

Thank you so much, but how do I zoom out?

@zoom reset

1 Like

Tysm :relaxed:

1 Like

Uploading…
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with these label warnings, I have tried re doing the temple but it keeps saying “boy_custom1 does not exist” and I am getting a little frustrated. So if anyone could help me that would be great.