Need Directing Help? This is the Thread for You!

Which template are you using?

i figured it out now lol , i forgot to add the label on the top of the template.

1 Like

How do you make characters run at the same time?
Also exit and enter at the same time?

Also i have another question is their a code for like making a car leave off the scene like a pearsons on the car then the car leaves and exits?

You can do:

@CHAR1 walks to [enter screen position] AND CHAR1 does it while [insert run animation] AND CHAR2 walks to [insert screen position] AND CHAR2 does it while [insert run animation]

Exiting/entering:

@CHAR1 enters from right to [insert screen position] AND CHAR2 enters from right to [insert screen position]
@CHAR1 exits left AND CHAR2 exits left

Check out this thread for animation car overlays:

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

So each of my characters are popping up one by one and i don’t want that and they are in a party and i want them to like not pop out one by one how do i make it so they are already at the party and dancing?

Try using the ampersand “&” instead of “@”.

This is what i wrote and they keep popping up one by one

Instead of: @CHAR is [animation]

Do: @CHAR starts [animation]

Thank you so much it worked thank you

No problem!

I have a question how do you make love choices like who you want to be with and will it stay for the whole story if you choose that specific pearson?

Here’s how I would do it:

NARR

Who do you choose?

choice

“Love interest 1”{

goto ending1

}

“Love interest 2”{

goto ending2

}

label ending1
~Put your ending here if the reader chooses the first love interest~
goto end

label ending2
~Put your ending here if the reader chooses the second love interest~
goto end

label end
~Put the very end of the story here~

Im really confused with the love interest code like all of it and I dont know what im soppose to do exactly :confused:

I’m trying to see how it would look later on in the story but i don’t really get it and i have like 4 love interests to choose from? their names are lane emilio zayne and forrest

Don’t put spaces between the choices try it like this

choice
“LANE”{
goto ending_1
}FORREST"{
goto ending_2
}

Is it possible to make 7 characters run at the same time in ink version? if yes how
My other question is how do i make a certain character walk to a certain spot for example there is a character waiting at the house door and then the owner of the house comes and walks towards the pearson waiting at the house

Yes, it is! You can use the ampersand (&) instead of “@”.

For your second question, I’m not sure what you mean. You can do “@CHAR walks to spot X Y Z”.