Need Directing Help? This is the Thread for You!

coding
general

Hey! I have a pretty detailed directing scene that I don’t quite know how to portray. If anyone could help me figure it out then that would be great!

So, I need a zoom-in scene where my MC’s notebook falls out of her backpack. I’ve seen things like this happen in some really well-done directed stories, & the rest of my story won’t really make sense if this scene doesn’t happen. I know this part will most-likely need personal art to be made (which I can figure out), but I’m still new at directing and wouldn’t know how to pull off the scene even if I already had the art, haha! Again, I really appreciate any help or advice given. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

I want Sebastian to enter and then run to a certain spot but i think I’m doing something wrong because he just stands still what do i do ?

use @ instead of &

I want multiple charecters to enter while running and then run to a certain spot example
i want alena,mich,grace to enter while run_athletic and then run to a certain spot so would i need the & for bot codes ?

Yes :slight_smile: if you want them to run on the scene together :slight_smile:

ill see if it works >_<

Try enters from left to spot % X Y instead of entering them and then walking to spot

delete “in zone 1” it should work then

THANKS IT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!![quote=“Apes, post:470, topic:41060, full:true”]
delete “in zone 1” it should work then
[/quote]

&ALENA enters from left to spot 0.947 157 173 at layer 1 in zone 1 AND ALENA faces right AND ALENA does it while run_athletic i am having a n error with this and every time i fix it i can seem to solve it ?

you cant’s use zone and layer in this command (you can’t use layers at all unless it’s AND CHARACTER move to layer #)

Hi,
So I’ve seen writers make characters walk while they’re talking. Like if Sasha is saying good-bye and while she says that, she walks off.

Dose anybody know how to do the ghost affect on characters

Sorry for a late answer! You can use walk talk animation :smiley:

Thanks you so much! Do you also know how to fade overlays in and out?

I want to be able to make it so if someone chooses monolids, then their family will too. How do you make it so if they tap on “monolids” but then choose a different eye shape, their family goes back to the original eye shape i set place? Sorry if this doesn’t make sense

Hey @Apes, I meant walk-off while they’re talking but anyway, thanks!

how do you have characters run spot to spot like this:
@STEVEN runs to spot 0.813 249 156 THEN STEVEN faces left
@THOMAS runs to spot 0.839 221 143 THEN THOMAS faces left
@MIKE runs to spot 0.866 275 128 THEN MIKE faces left

and how do you make them run or walk all together

Here’s an example:

&STEVEN walks to spot 0.813 249 156 in 2 AND STEVEN does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop THEN STEVEN faces left
&THOMAS walks to spot 0.839 221 143 in 2 AND THOMAS does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop THEN THOMAS faces left
@MIKE walks to spot 0.866 275 128 in 2 AND MIKE does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop THEN MIKE faces left

P.S I used a limelight running animation but you can use any walking or running animation that’s available

So, basically for the two characters above, you’d use & and for the third last person written, you’d use @ which means the action for all three would take place at the same time.
Also, in 2 just means it takes 2 seconds for them to run to that spot (it can be any number of seconds, 0.1, 2, 5.5, etc.) Also, notice how all of them are running for 2 seconds (the same pace)