Need Directing Help? This is the Thread for You!

I’m trying to make a scene where the new girl is in the hallway and. People are staring at her idk how to add the characters in different areas

What do i type in to make the Narration talk while zooming?

@CHARAC1 spot 0.4 150 300 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND CHARAC1 faces right
@CHARAC2 enters from left to screen left
@CHARAC2 is idle_happy
@CHARAC2 walks to spot 0.4 125 310 in zone 1 AND CHARAC2 moves to layer 1

I want to zoom in but I also want for the zoom to follow CHARAC2 as he’s walking to that spot. How can I do this? I’ve tried different ways and still don’t manage to get the result I want :frowning:

Hello,
I’m Trying to move overlays but they wont show on my portal or even move this is what I have:
#beat starts
EXT.NEWLIFELEWLOVE with NEW LIFE NEW LOVE to 1.0 431 198
#beat ends
#beat starts
@pause for a beat
#beat ends
#beat starts
@overlay NEW LIFE NEW LOVE shifts to 6 289
@overlay NEW LIFE NEW LOVE scales to 0.424 0.424
#beat ends
#beat starts

NARRATOR (ANN ELIZABETH)
If you have the chance don't forget to read my first story New Life, new Love.

#beat ends

I need help with having the camera follow @character from zone 1 to zone 2 .

At the risk of sounding like a TOTAL idiot…I’ve been trying to figure out coding by watching the tutorials and you tube videos. I am stuck just trying to create a thinking text bubble. There wouldn’t happen to be a “creating a story on Episode for dummies” out there that I can get my hands on??? Or maybe someone likes directing and wants to work with a writer? Any help that someone might want to give this hopeless lady, would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey CapCoJo :blush: If you want to I can help you a bit with coding. Just ask here and I’ll see if I can help you.:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Thanks Cheris! I actually figured it out, it was a silly error. I appreciate you!

1 Like

Ok!:slightly_smiling_face: If you need help again you can ask me if you want to.:hearts:

I need help with directing. I need my character to turn back around. My character is in a conversation and she turns to leave. I’ve turned my character to leave but I want her to turn back so it seems she has changed her mind and is willing to listen to the other person. How do I do that?
I’m sorry, if you get confused. I don’t know how to explain it.

1 Like

Can you maybe send a screen shot of your script?

Unfortunately, it tells me I can’t put images on this post. I’m sorry.

Can you copy your code then?

ROSELLA (idle_rear)
  You call this urgent? I'm outta here.

KESIAH (talk_call_out)
Wait!

ROSELLA (talk_rear)
What?

KESIAH (idle_exhausted)
2% raise.

How do I turn her back around so it seems that shes curious and want to carry on the conversation.

1 Like

So she stands with the back to the screen and the other person faces towards the screen?

yes, so it seems she’s changed her mind (turned around back to the character she was speaking to)

@ Rosella is idle
maybe this works?

Omg, thank you so much. Cheris, you’re a lifesaver, a miracle worker. I’ve been stuck on this for ages.
:blush: :heart:
Thank you again, best wishes

1 Like

You’re welcome :smile::blush::heart:

1 Like

Hi. I need help with directing. How do you pan the whole room whilst a character in standing in zone 2? Basically, I want to show the readers the whole room with the male character standing in front of the fireplace and then I want my female character to walk to the male character standing in front of the fire place.